Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
viscerite fabric not fabric, and fabricators messing up
first is simple, as a miner earlier i made viscerite fabric with the loom and loaded it into the mining fabricator to try to make a large ore satchel, but it seems viscerite fabric is no longer recognized as fabric by the machine

second is trickier: when a fabricator runs out of materials in the middle of a queueue and pauses itself, it sometimes seems to switch itself into repeat mode, wasting more materials on making the last thing it made over and over rather than continuing its queue normally

oh yeah, and fabricators love to gobble up pharosium, never touching mauxite or steel if there is pharosium on offer. this is especially evident in robotics fabricators
I've had that second problem happen to me if fabricators run out of power when making things. It's a common issue if you sneak off to mass-produce stuff in the tech outpost if you forget to fill the furnace.

And yes, fabricators will prioritize pharosium over every other metal for items that require generic 'metal', so if you make a lot of items than require both 'metal' and 'conductive metal' you run out of wires real fast, while the stockpile of steel you loaded in goes untouched. Not exactly a bug but I do think it would be helpful if this were to be changed.
misto Wrote:first is simple, as a miner earlier i made viscerite fabric with the loom and loaded it into the mining fabricator to try to make a large ore satchel, but it seems viscerite fabric is no longer recognized as fabric by the machine

second is trickier: when a fabricator runs out of materials in the middle of a queueue and pauses itself, it sometimes seems to switch itself into repeat mode, wasting more materials on making the last thing it made over and over rather than continuing its queue normally

oh yeah, and fabricators love to gobble up pharosium, never touching mauxite or steel if there is pharosium on offer. this is especially evident in robotics fabricators

Can confirm the viscerite bug. Please fix. I wanna make large ore bags again ;_;
You can get a few free large mining satchels near old mining.
power failed while the mining fabricator in qm was making a power hammer, and it proceeded to print out dozens and dozens of power hammers. good thing it didnt fail while making the industrial space armor or the whole entire crew could have suited up in them.

oh yeah and mining fabs can still make an industrial space armor+a power hammer at round start, i do not know if that is intentional, but boy does it make my life easy when mining