Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CONSTRUCTION] Spud gun
This is a spud gun. A produce cannon. Probably the unhealthiest way of getting your daily recommendation of fruits and vegetables.

With a welded pipe frame, an analyzer, remote signaler, and a pressurized tank or canister, create a piece of artillery that'll weaponize the good bounty of Botany! Force nutrition on your malnourished compatriots by firing the daily recommendation of meat and potatoes straight into their bodies! Cut corn cobs out of someone's chest! Shoot a tomato with the force of a railgun and watch assistant and fruit gib!

(Basically a gas-powered pitching machine that can be rigged up to shoot produce with a ridiculous amount of throw force. Impale bananas in people, completely knock 'em out with melons, make a machine gun out of a bundle of steel wheat. There's a lot of possibilities here!)
APARTHEID Wrote:With a welded pipe frame...pressurized tank or canister
I think these are all you should need for it. Make it handheld and subject to the same kind of restrictions that zip guns have where it can blow up in your face.

Though, it would be interesting if the force that the gun fires at is set by fiddling with the air tanks release pressure. Low levels means harmless shots, about equivalent to tossing it, and higher levels means shots with brute damage, higher chances of it malfunctioning, and possibly tossing back the wielder from the recoil.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:With a welded pipe frame...pressurized tank or canister
I think these are all you should need for it. Make it handheld and subject to the same kind of restrictions that zip guns have where it can blow up in your face.

Though, it would be interesting if the force that the gun fires at is set by fiddling with the air tanks release pressure. Low levels means harmless shots, about equivalent to tossing it, and higher levels means shots with brute damage, higher chances of it malfunctioning, and possibly tossing back the wielder from the recoil.

would make for an interesting alternative to the flamethrower when it comes to improvised weapons. and limiting it to shooting only thing botany grows leads to requiring either playing a botanist to get ammo or help from other players, meaning teamwork! though it should never do deadly amounts of damage, maybe 50 MAX with a melon on the highest setting, and also do a bit of damage when launching if its on full blast.
It should only be able to fire pellets. pellets can be made with fruits and vegetables at the hydroponics crafting bench.
Only if we can load it up with man-eaters.
I support this idea for the sole reason that it reminds me of donkey kong 64.

I would be a botanist making exploding tomatos just to shoot them out of a spud gun.

Of course if it fires every produce then you might want a better name, like Botany Bazooka.