Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monkeys in Gene Machines taking Oxy Damage
I really can't explain how this works, but in Extended genetics rounds the monkeys start taking oxygen damage when they're inside the machine, which starts healing itself when you let them out. This is bad because it kills the monkeys if you don't periodically let them out, which is a hard thing to do because you're busy trying to work on their genes.

Fix pls
shadowdimentio Wrote:I really can't explain how this works, but in Extended genetics rounds the monkeys start taking oxygen damage when they're inside the machine, which starts healing itself when you let them out. This is bad because it kills the monkeys if you don't periodically let them out, which is a hard thing to do because you're busy trying to work on their genes.

Fix pls

I'm glad you posted this.
It's not even very long. it only took about 15 minutes from round start before they started wracking up high amounts of O2 damage. After that it was a matter of 3-5 minutes before they started going into crit. I finally started transferring in Anaerobic Metabolism from storage while working on them and transferring out when I was finished, just so I wouldn't end up with 15 dead monkeys without even irradiating or incinerating them.
The solution is simple, just attach internals to all your monkeys.

But in all seriousness this is a thing that happens with the VR pods as well.
I guess the idea is that you're inside of an airtight container with zero ventilation but that's incredibly stupid because who designs a container that is designed to house a living being for extended periods of time but doesn't design it to provide oxygen from external sources?

Not even Discount Dan would fuck up that hard.
DyssalC Wrote:Not even Discount Dan would fuck up that hard.

Discount Dan's Genetic Scanning and Sequencing Array.
aardvarko
This is still happening, except it happens with people too. It's like the pod has its own store of oxygen, and after a point it just runs out, so after like, 30 minutes or something, anything in the tube starts suffocating.
Most containers are that way, I think - I know lockers contain about 40 minutes of air. I bet if you stood on a segway for 40 minutes you'd start suffocating too.
Bath tubs have about 20 minutes of air strangely.
Grayshift Wrote:Most containers are that way, I think - I know lockers contain about 40 minutes of air. I bet if you stood on a segway for 40 minutes you'd start suffocating too.

Having gone braindead on a segway and come back after lunch to a corpse this is true. Disposal chutes too. Never tested getting in one for 40 m then out and back in again, however. Thats how it seems to work with scanners