Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SS13 TV Show Idea
I had a fun idea of how to turn SS13 into a TV show.

If it was possible to have like, the Sci-fi channel interested in it. Get them to make the show, each episode will run about 30min - 1 hour long each. The episodes play out like SS13 rounds do. It uses a batch of actors, but each round they always have different jobs but the same names. After about a couple of episodes it starts getting meta in that... Some of the spacemen (Those who are normally heads of staff maybe) Realise something is wrong. (Following that all the shifts are just re cloned crewmembers theory) And they figure out how to leave messages for the next shift to come in about whats going on. Leading the show to end up in telesci adventures and the syndicate nuke ops really are Nanotrasen deathsquads trying to keep them from finding out the truth.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:Sci-fi channel
Do you want to give SS13 a bad name?
If we had it on HBO or Showtime it would be filled with some sort of sex. Probably gay sex.
Sorry for the double post...

Have you ever watched Spartacus? I mean... Game of Thrones has this problem too... Do I need to say anything else?
TNT might be a good channel, but they are more for modern shows then sci-fi stuff
Let's be real. If the show was anything like a typical round, Adult Swim would be the ones to air it.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Let's be real. If the show was anything like a typical round, Adult Swim would be the ones to air it.

I was thinking a live action show though. Something a bit more serious with a bit of comedy thrown in. If you take a look at it from the outside, the game is really grim, but it plays out like a black comedy.
I guess it would work on adult swim though...

Other then arguing about what channel would run the show, how about the idea of it's story?
Frank_Stein Wrote:Let's be real. If the show was anything like a typical round, Adult Swim would be the ones to air it.
Space Lab 2112
There already is a SS13 TV show, and it is called Sealab 2021.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:

I was thinking a live action show though. Something a bit more serious with a bit of comedy thrown in. If you take a look at it from the outside, the game is really grim, but it plays out like a black comedy.
I guess it would work on adult swim though...

Other then arguing about what channel would run the show, how about the idea of it's story?
Story wouldn't be the word I'd use. Just like SS13 is played, there really shouldn't be continuity post-episode.

Of course, like stated in the original post, some sort of hidden continuity wouldn't be terrible, and the idea of using the same actors to play different roles is really neat.

One day the captain, next the syndie, next the janitor, finally the clown.
air it on the history channel

Clown Stars

Rick Shootington Wrote:"I really wanted to shoot this guy, but I couldn't be certain he was the traitor without an expert opinion. So I called up my buddy Dave to come take a look. I'd have to be an idiot to let this guy walk out of this room."
Anticheese Wrote:There already is a SS13 TV show, and it is called Sealab 2021.

they even managed to put ss13 in it

*link posted in spoiler because I'm bad at linking images*
Martian Law
I feel like it would be best as animation, not with living people. The way I imagine the show is that every episode could be it it's own plot, own characters, own settings. Some story-lines would be multiple episodes, and other stories would be alternate universes to previous stories ( they would hold the same setting and characters, but different outcome. Also, it's a show, it doesn't have the be restricted to game things. Different styles of space stations (Torus, Cylinder, Dome, Ect.) could be explored. Differences in tone and even animation styles could vary with episodes.

Basically, imagine Procedural Space Station: The Show.
Daeren Wrote:

I would kill for a round where the antags are The Bizarros.