Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining Teleport Pad
Could we get a teleport pad put into mining directly beneath the arc smelter? Right now Mineral Accumulators are kind of useless since they send all the stuff where we can't easily get to it, but if we had a pad they would be the best things ever.
Well, mineral accumulators were "usefull" on the old mining because there was a lot of spacewalking between the various rocks, "useful" in quotes because the price was and still is kinda prohibiting.
This last part now may not be the truth as the minerals are a bit mashed up right now in the fabricators.

Now that there is a mining magnet I find the accumulator of little use for miners, as there is little distance between the mining area and the smelter (we are talking a single screen here), and instead a great tool for cargo. Miners get to pick and choose the minerals they need and then plop the accumulator in the middle to give cargo their coal/cobryl/cytine share.
Iatots Wrote:Well, mineral accumulators were "usefull" on the old mining because there was a lot of spacewalking between the various rocks, "useful" in quotes because the price was and still is kinda prohibiting.
This last part now may not be the truth as the minerals are a bit mashed up right now in the fabricators.

Now that there is a mining magnet I find the accumulator of little use for miners, as there is little distance between the mining area and the smelter (we are talking a single screen here), and instead a great tool for cargo. Miners get to pick and choose the minerals they need and then plop the accumulator in the middle to give cargo their coal/cobryl/cytine share.

You can cover the entire magnet area with 2 accumulators, and mine everything with the pod. The accumulators will suck it all up, and send it to a teleport pad while you are checking the loot of the last magnet pull.