Complaint Wrong account banned
Exclamation 
Hello people, I hope this isn't bothering, but I could really use your help right now. The thing is that I got banned for something that wasn't meant for me, but for my brother. We have different PC's and accounts but same connection. I've been playing this game for a while already with no bans or warnings. However, apparently he got 2 bans today, with the 2nd one being 1 day long. Now, it's just 1 day... I can wait, even if it's annoying having to do so when I had nothing to do with it, but my concern is, will I have to keep dealing with the weight of his bans if he ever gets more? What can I do so we're both considered different players?

As for aditional info, sometimes we play at the same time, sometimes we don't, sometimes we interact in RP and mostly we simply mind our own bussiness. I don't even know his characters' names, only one of them. Anyways, if there are logs about it'll be clear that we're different people, so I was wondering if it's possible to check on that and not just force me to share his punishments, especially since (as far as I'm concerned) bans are accumulative and it's kinda frustrating knowing I haven't broken the rules, and yet my criminal record is now a thing...

PD: I have 2 accounts, I love creating different characters for RP purposes. Some time after he got ban (saw the exact moment it happened by the way), I was able to log-in in my 2nd account and play a full round, then switched back to my 1st account before the other round started, and that's when I received the same ban message he got about killing someone.

surprised fat and sassy space-bee Hope it's not too much text, and hope you can help me out. I can give any aditional info if required. Thanks!
Hello, thank you for reaching out. Since you are playing in the same household, any bans you or your brother pick up may spread to the other. We can manually tune the bans to be more specific, if an Admin is available; so if you get hit by your brother's ban, or vice-versa, the innocent party can make an appeal on the forums as usual and we can try to sort it out. This process is very sensitive however, and any attempt at evading a ban will immediately re-apply the ban on both players.

Since you are sharing IP, we would appreciate if you send in an Ahelp or Discord ]report when you're able so we can properly note down which account belongs to who. It is also very important that both you and your brother read the rules about Metagaming.

Jelly
Thumbs Up 
(09-02-2024, 11:38 AM)GreenJelly Wrote: Hello, thank you for reaching out. Since you are playing in the same household, any bans you or your brother pick up may spread to the other. We can manually tune the bans to be more specific, if an Admin is available; so if you get hit by your brother's ban, or vice-versa, the innocent party can make an appeal on the forums as usual and we can try to sort it out. This process is very sensitive however, and any attempt at evading a ban will immediately re-apply the ban on both players.

Since you are sharing IP, we would appreciate if you send in an Ahelp or Discord ]report when you're able so we can properly note down which account belongs to who. It is also very important that both you and your brother read the rules about Metagaming.

Jelly

Hello again, thanks for the reply. Not sure what the Ahelp is so I'm gonna go with Discord. As for Metagaming, we're both aware, which is why I mentioned about how our in-game interactions are. Anyways, I'll go take a peek at the Discord server. Thanks again. Cya!
(09-02-2024, 11:38 AM)GreenJelly Wrote: Hello, thank you for reaching out. Since you are playing in the same household, any bans you or your brother pick up may spread to the other. We can manually tune the bans to be more specific, if an Admin is available; so if you get hit by your brother's ban, or vice-versa, the innocent party can make an appeal on the forums as usual and we can try to sort it out. This process is very sensitive however, and any attempt at evading a ban will immediately re-apply the ban on both players.

Jelly

Hello again Jelly. Sorry if this is considered necro but the same issue happened again. I couldn't do what you advised back then since apparently you can't link the discord account nor use Ahelp while banned. Anyways, I thought I probably overreacted and that there would be no more bans, so when the ban timer was over I just decided to leave it be and play, but it happened again, got banned and the ban message that was meant for my brother was received by me as well, and this time I think it's permanent so I can't just wait for it to be lifted in order to link the account with Discord and follow the procedure with an admin there.

So I was just wondering what should I do to be able to contact an admin to tune the bans to be player-specific rather than IP wide? And again, sorry for the comeback.  surprised fat and sassy space-bee
Hi! Sorry about that, this is sort of a common issue in cases of people sharing a household. Tuned some things, you should be able to join now. If you have more issues let us know!
Exclamation 
(09-09-2024, 07:31 PM)Bilo216 Wrote: Hi! Sorry about that, this is sort of a common issue in cases of people sharing a household. Tuned some things, you should be able to join now. If you have more issues let us know!

Hello Bilo, thanks for help. However, it's still banned. I was able to join earlier but now the same ban message popped up. My apologies if this is complicating things. Hope you can help!
Tuned the ban, again. In the future, please make appeals in the Ban Appeals forum to avoid spreading information about your or your brother's bans to other players.

Jelly
(09-11-2024, 10:13 AM)GreenJelly Wrote: Tuned the ban, again. In the future, please make appeals in the Ban Appeals forum to avoid spreading information about your or your brother's bans to other players.

Jelly

Thanks! And yes, I wanted to make a ban appeal for that reason, but then I read here that if the ban is just 24 hours long and I just wanted to debate about the context, I have to make a post in Admin Feedback instead. Seemed like my case so I came here instead. But I guess it's true since it wasn't the same situation anymore. Thanks for the advice  bee