Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Remove brobocop lawset from robotics fabricator
The law feel ambiguous but people are using the lawset as "asimov but silicons can hunt antagonist now". People use it as a way to encourage sillicons to act like sec, which add mores hurdle to antagonist. Another reason would be, I don't think a "cop" law fit the server culture.

It's also put next to NT lawset, that kinda resemble Asimov, which makes people think brobocop lawset is the equivalent of "asimov".
That law set is ambiguous enough that borgs can just attack anyone they want

"Robocop" is a movie, the laws are referencing it. It's not "cop" laws as in police exactly.
That lawset is never suppose to be installed randomily.
If installed it is suppose to be seen as a bad/questionable thing.
I have seen this used probably twice. I did it as a roboticist when most of the station was dead and the silicons informed me there was no security, at which point I uploaded this lawset unsure who was actually evil in the hopes they would know and deal with them in a scenario where nobody else would. And once where I was a false HoS who walked around the station executing all criminals, including minor ones like trespassing and drug possession. "Brobocop" is still a module and it is not trying to imply police, unlike the recently changed "Police Uniform" (now Guard Uniform).

If you want the silicons to hunt an antag the simpler and faster solution is already in upload and its just nonhumaning them.
I disagree Robocop is a valid Hunter law which is very cool and useful when antag being very active like doing Rampage.There is many round that unbalance between sec and antag in classic and sometime antag didn’t like when AI doing too much Interference.This law set is suit for it.
However yes this law set can lead AI to kill non antag player easily and should not use in general.
I do a gimmick in change law set every time I have a chance to do.
Most AI and people in general mostly want to change the law set to Nanotrasen law set instead.
My opinion is
In opposite instead of remove this make more varies of law set to make AI / Borge more interaction.
Maybe it isn't clear, but again - the lawset is specifically very dangerous to *anyone*, "the innocent" and "the public trust" are not defined at all.

The laws say "serve the public trust" and this can easily be twisted because a vampire can say they are part of the public trust. The non human clause does not apply here, it's not what's being evaluated.

"The innocent" is also not defined

"The law" is, you guessed it, not defined.
I don't really see robocop laws being used often enough to believe they are an issue, sure they are ambiguous, but i also feel like the undefined wording makes it evident on how dangerous they might be.

Regarding the "cop" side of things i think it's pretty clear as a reference to the movie, i don't think having the word "cop" in it necessarily means you are a representation of IRL police forces.