Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the Art Lab Pitcher Stronger
Currently a lot of force activated artifacts require a bullet or stronger to activate it. Making the pitcher stronger would solve this problem, as tracking down the detective is a bit inconvenient, and making pipe bombs is a bit extreme. While we're at it, a welding locker and an electrical toolbox in research would be nice.
Agree, I usually end up making CFL-Firefoam reactions to activate them in the test chamber if nobodys in there.
I would like to see more workplace accidents happening around the pitcher. Maybe let people set the strength over the limit, but if you do it has a higher chance of pitching something wildly fast in random directions (at your face!)
MyBlueCorners Wrote:I would like to see more workplace accidents happening around the pitcher. Maybe let people set the strength over the limit, but if you do it has a higher chance of pitching something wildly fast in random directions (at your face!)

This is a good idea. What makes various things fun imo is the dangers that one might get themselves into.

Maybe give a prompt on the GPTIO when entering in a high strength: "THIS SETTING IS UNSUITABLE FOR A WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT. NANOTRASEN DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN ANY MISADVENTURES.

Perhaps all machines could have a dangerously high level (while not all artifacts need dangerously high levels, it'd still be neat)
The rad machine spills out radiation when put at a dangerously high level
The heater starts to heat up the room, if left on for too long will start to ignite stuff
The electric box starts to arc volt if set too high
Yeah but EVERYTHING should have a "Danger" setting. Recyclers that your tie (and the rest of you) can get caught in. Drink dispensers that forcibly dispense rum directly into your esophagus. Gardening vendors that chuck chainsaws at you.

Vending machines already have this to some degree but far more things should have an option to be dangerous.
Don't objects already have a variable marked "throwforce", or something like that? I seem to remember this being an issue when someone found you could turn an artbox into a meteor. Why not just tweak baseballs with a slightly higher-than-normal throwforce, just enough to activate artifacts when put in the pitching machine?

Second suggestion: Allow us to unbolt the pitching machine and pull it around the station. I need this because of Reasons.