HoS Application - Jimi Hendrix
Usual character name: Jimi Hendrix (varies depending if I get bored of a name), BUBBLES (clown)
BYOND username: Sodapop4067
Discord username (if you are on our discord): bigbrother1
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Heisenbee

Reason for application:
I love this game and it's community, when I first discovered SS13 back in mid 2021, I fell in love with it. I want to be the best player I can possibly be, and allow others to enjoy playing the game. Whether that's helping a newbee, or allowing an antag to do their gimmick. I would love to be worthy of the beret, and be a rolemodel for other sec officers or players to be the best they can possibly be, while having fun doing it.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I started playing security about a year to a year and a half ago. I took baby steps, and started off as a security assistant. I learned the ropes of how security operates, and what to do and not to do in certain situations. Originally, I had the mentality in that, no matter what, if I saw an antag doing anything that antags do, like an arcfiend clown sapping a personal computer in some random room nobody would ever enter, I would stun and brig them immediately. Someone eventually made a good point, and asked if I would've enjoyed being brigged within 5 minutes into the round for sapping a computer no one would use otherwise.

This made me realize that security is about keeping people in check, and not being some tyrant police force, where if you commit any crime, you'd get punished and brigged. It's about letting people have fun with their roles, gimmicks, and antag roles. If you space and beat the shit out of the wizard early on, you just ruined their round and possibly a fun round and gimmick for the station. Sometimes people hold onto a gimmick for multiple rounds in a row, waiting for a certain antag role with a gimmick attached to it. Let them do their gimmick until it really warrants execution.

This is probably in every single HoS application, but communication is so important for security, and the station as a whole. If you think, "Hey, maybe that clown hanging around in toxins with some tanks and valves is up to no good," let everyone know about it! The clown is never up to anything good, anyway. Did one of the botanists buy a red chainsaw and attack their fellow botanists? You should probably respond to that and go deal with them! Tragedies occur often on the station, but they occur more frequently if communication is not prioritized.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Don't be afraid to ask for help! If you lack experience in a certain area, ask around and I guarantee someone will assist you. Allow people to have fun! This is a video game, people play for enjoyment and for the sake of having fun. The round is much more productive when players are having fun. Make something notable happen in a round.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Once allowed the clown to join our ranks in security. Boom, nukie round. Clown springs into action. Everyone rushes to the armory. We rush to where the nukies are at, cargo. People have been shot and are bleeding everywhere. The clown singlehandedly runs into a firefight to drag a fellow secoff out of danger. Then, he proceeds to knock the LMG out of one of their hands, and returns fire. Clown provides suppressive fire while people are dragged to medbay. With the clown's help, we destroyed the nuclear bomb.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
I've always wanted to follow in the footsteps of that clown I talked about earlier. Maybe one day, when I'm playing as clown, I can be allowed in as a secoff and fight the nukies. Just like my hero did.
[*]
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I don't recall ever being banned, but I have been admin PM'd a few times when I was a newbee.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 9/18/24. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!