Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Borgs at round start
CaptainBravo Wrote:make the borg's objectives their new laws. if someone spends all round making sonic and flashpowder when their lawjectives say "clone 50 ravenous human eating owls" then just jobban them from borg and antagonist.

i don't think people should be banned for ignoring their objectives as a traitor
GuntherHermann Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:make the borg's objectives their new laws. if someone spends all round making sonic and flashpowder when their lawjectives say "clone 50 ravenous human eating owls" then just jobban them from borg and antagonist.

i don't think people should be banned for ignoring their objectives as a traitor

i think your reading comprehension should be banned for skipping over the part where i suggest the objectives double as their laws.
But the whole point of being an antagonist is that you get to do whatever the fuck you want to, for the most part. Forcing lame objectives on borgs just seems, well, lame.
Let's just call them legally distinct syndicate Androids who don't have laws but have objectives. Problem solved.
Zamujasa Wrote:But the whole point of being an antagonist is that you get to do whatever the fuck you want to, for the most part. Forcing lame objectives on borgs just seems, well, lame.

having roundstart kill machines seems lame to me. i should have prefaced the first post with that. if you want to roundstart borg, i think you should expect to follow some laws. the tradeoff for being subverted from the beginning would be that you can't just go crazy and beat peoples' heads in with your shiny new body, and you can't have your laws updated through the upload. someone could still free you entirely with an e-mag. i'm otherwise opposed to the entire idea; feel free to ignore me completely.
I don't agree that syndicate borgs should be forced to follow their objectives. Actually syndicate borgs already have laws to do this, but aren't banned for doing so. Totally unfun.

Giving syndicate roundstart borgs fun objectives would be a remedy to them rampaging.

..and so what if they rampage? Traitors do it all the time. Why can't borgs? The issue is that when the AI is rogue there can be SEVERAL evil borgs. The RNG for roundstart syndicate borgs should only have 1 per round.

I do agree that certain aspects might need to be dealt with like
KikiMofo Wrote:I like syndie borgs but before we make something like round start syndie borgs can we make it so borgs can't stunlock people with sonic and flash powder? That is really strong.
that and the robotics computer
Horrible Poison+Space Lube smoke is rather strong imho.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Zamujasa Wrote:But the whole point of being an antagonist is that you get to do whatever the fuck you want to, for the most part. Forcing lame objectives on borgs just seems, well, lame.

having roundstart kill machines seems lame to me. i should have prefaced the first post with that. if you want to roundstart borg, i think you should expect to follow some laws. the tradeoff for being subverted from the beginning would be that you can't just go crazy and beat peoples' heads in with your shiny new body, and you can't have your laws updated through the upload. someone could still free you entirely with an e-mag. i'm otherwise opposed to the entire idea; feel free to ignore me completely.

Like someone said, there's nothing stopping a generic traitor from spawning a c-saber or shotgun box and running rampant in the first minutes of a round.

Borgs would arguably have it harder because round-start borgs are laughably weak and blow apart from one or two lasers, or just a few whacks with a fire extinguisher.

i wasn't really saying that any objective was bad, just that forcing them onto some stupid "do something minorly dumb" gimmick and jobbanning them for not doing it is lame. The Syndibot "Follow Syndicate operative orders, keep secrecy, don't harm operatives" ones are perfectly fine.