Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Phaser Rifle! (No PR just Idea Goofing.)
This is an idea that has been brewing in my head for a while now, and it mostly comes from the QM console. The idea comes down to this thing I have noticed when your ordering weapon crates. When it comes to the phasers there is obviously the RP-3 Micro, the RP-4 Phaser, and the Macro Phaser.

To me this is just kind of weird, because you go from a pistol that does at least respectable damage against threats, to a damn Cannon that can apparently Gib a corpse and occasionally break walls. So this is where the Phaser Rifle/Smg thingy came from. Just a more reasonable next step up from the Phaser Pistol before going all the way to the cannon. It would be cheaper to order than the Macro, but would not be nearly as powerful. It would be more along the idea of a laser gun or something in damage (This is in flux, just depends on balance). It would continue to be a two handed weapon, and if it could be put into a back pack or not is up for debate. I cant remember as of this moment if the Macro can be put into a pack.

I do believe it should use more energy that a phaser pistol per shot, but how much I don't really know. Maybe it can use a different power cell, or maybe an in built one? These kinds of questions are why I am making this post, so all of you people that have played more than me can help me make a better concept! 

Thank you for your time.
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me! It'd be cool for it to have some kind of utility function, for example being foldable (with an actionbar, of course) to make it more portable. A built-in cell would probably be the best choice from a balance perspective.
I do agree that having a less heavyweight, but still two handed and bulky version of the phaser would be very interesting, something that works as a reliable belt slot gun is something i've been wanting to actually code for a while, but haven't felt motivated to do so. In general, both for kinetics, melee, and energy weapons, i do feel a gap when it comes to conspicuously large, two handed options for crew, that aren't as extreme as a macro phaser or whatnot.
-Macro can put into bag pack
-sure make more long range weapon like rifle phaser should be cool.hope it has ability to zoom to see sniper gimmick.