Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make Mining by Hand Safer on Nadir
Don't get me wrong-- it being easy to die on Nadir makes sense. The Trench is a high-pressure hole in the ground filled with acid and Syndicate drones, of course it's deadly. But it's leagues deadlier for a hand-miner than a pod miner. Pod miners retain full functionality of their ship right up until it explodes, can take a hell of a lot more of a beating, can be repaired for essentially free, aren't even targeted by most organics in the trench, and best of all, they can just leave the pod and run away if things get too dangerous. Hand miners, in comparison, struggle to carry weapons on them, can be knocked down and disarmed easily by a trilobyte tackle, are time- or money-expensive to heal, get badly hurt by sawdrone hits, and the Jetpack Mk. 2 doesn't even do anything anymore, since mechboots got nerfed. Any strength that hand-mining can have, outside of flexibility and mobility, the pod-miner can have too, since the driver fits in the pod just fine while wearing a full set of industrial gear and an upgraded mining drill.

Most of mining's progression, and in my opinion, fun, comes from hand-mining. There's much more opportunity for customization, upgrades, and exploration in that mode of mining. It's so deadly on Nadir that it's not really an option, unless you're OK mutating a much more debilitating form of Clumsy on your second clone and then dying to puritanism on the fourth.

It'd be nice to see trilobites not spawn in such large packs, and/or to not be as able to knock down miners. A reduction in aggression might be nice, too; why are these alleged bottom-feeders considering humans KOS? Custom mining tools other than picks getting some kind of damage output would be nice too, since most weapons like phasers and spears don't fit in a miner's belt. Outside of that, though, I'm not sure how to make the gap between pod- and hand- mining smaller without nerfing pods.

(Note: if you're going to make comments on my personal skill when replying, please keep it respectful. "skill issue" and similar not appreciated.)
Mining in trench is quite dangerous than space I agree.and it hardly to be safe if not in pod.in contrast mining see level has a very good loot/very convenient (from smaller map)
- dinner is hardly to go by normal way but very easier in shortcut way
- has loot box every where and has a lot of gun-medicine
- more dangerous trap
Since this time many new player come to play I notice that there is very much more case death-injury happen to miner in trench map than space map.
For conclusion I agree with you that it too dangerous but it still get easy loot to make it balance it might decrease loot too? Idk