Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Remove command channel from mailman headset/remove mailman headset from qm locker
I find it a bit weird that QM now has easier access to command radio as a non command. Command radio channel should be more secure and, lately, I have seen many QM quickly switch to mailman headset.

I am suggesting for either command radio channel to be removed from mailman headset or removal of the mailman headset from cargo lockers, so it is exclusive for mail courrier only (they can still have command channel)
Ah. Here is a fork in the road. Traditionally, Mail Courier has been a sort of pseudo-command-member, called "The Head of Mail". They have command access (Bridge, AI) , access to the manifest, and access to the command channels. Additionally, with their suit they can go just about anywhere. They are more command than your standard cargonian, but they are less command then say, a regional director who has all access and a green card (Mail courier has a grey one).

So then, I think now would be a good time to either neuter the Mail Courier's half-command status, or reinforce it and remove the headset from cargo (also give them a green card... pretty please). Personally I prefer the latter.

Sincerely, Goonstation's number one mail courier enjoyer.
imo mail courier id should have lobby access to most departments. bridge access / command headset is probably too much (they can use mail chutes, after all)

also there should only be one, not two