Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give traitor HoPs access to the black market megaphone
Ever since captain was made non-antag only, we megaphone fans have been crying out in agony. Currently only late join jobs like Governor and spiefs can get it (I believe), both of which are unreliable

"Why should the HoP get a megaphone, they don't even have the regular one?" Precisely. The HoP is forced to turn to the black market to enhance their power. As the number 2 on the station, the HoP is in prime position to stage a coup. Clearly they'll need a megaphone to assert their dominance over the captain. Besides, why would the captain even need a black market one anyway?! They already have a regular one...

In my dream, this would lead to situations like the Captain and HoP shouting at each other while the crew looks on in abject horror

(I will atempt to pr if this seems reasonable, just thought I should maybe ask for some feedback first)

Picard Ughh  <--- Live captain reaction
Really love this idea
Sound great but sorry to ask what back market u mention about
What? I am confused completely what the OP means in this.

The captain has a mega phone?
Megaphones obtainable via the blackmarket? Since when? What?
(05-12-2024, 03:55 AM)Kotlol Wrote: What? I am confused completely what the OP means in this.

The captain has a mega phone?
Megaphones obtainable via the blackmarket? Since when? What?

There is an antag item only available for traitor captain and iirc VIP and other "command-like" gimmick job which is a syndicate megaphone, it gives bigger text size and iirc more annoying than the regular megaphone

So considering that captain can't be antag anymore without involving admins and how rare it is for "command/vip" gimmick job to roll antag, OP suggest for the syndie megaphone to be accessible for traitor hop instead so it is more likely to be used.
Ooh that's 100% Fine then! Supported!
itd work for staffies and clowns too imo
When captain was removed from antag rolls, this was the only thing I was upset about. Absolutely love the idea of giving the HoP more antag stuff in general and this is a good start.