Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Revolver sniper a new item for traitor detectives
It would cost 8 to maybe 9tc anyway the gun itself would be able to see through walls when scoped well that's it
(06-13-2023, 06:07 AM)Thebutler Wrote: It would cost 8 to maybe 9tc anyway the gun itself would be able to see through walls when scoped well that's it

No. Traitor Detectives are already one of the most dangerous and powerful antagonists in the game due to their sec acces and sec radio ALONE!
It's free wire tapping.

Add Spy Stickers that other traitors gotta buy.
A gun with LETHALS from the get go.
Remote Security Records access with Det-Net that won't give security a hint someone is editing logs unless they physically check it and seeing every camera from it as well...
Let's not forget the standard Det gadget hat that can turn into a bug to check things beyond a locked door.

THAT ALONE is what makes detectives the most dangerous antagonists.
Add traitor credits, a second gun with piercing rounds (predator pistol). You got a stun and shoot combo that makes security dread you.
Also your coat is FREE ARMOR!
They already have the "buffed det-hat scuttle bug" it's enough.

So adding a SNIPER that can see through walls? That's just ridiclous even as a global traitor item.
All you do is "Set target to arrest"
"Summon all securitrons"
"Then snipe the fool when he is surprisingly stunned down"

Det traitors do NOT need more exclusive tools. 
This gun for it's price is fair.. but I prefer not seeing it as a det weapon.. as a global weapon rather not as well... but it's more acceptable.
A spief reward could be a nice idea. They can always need some big guns.
(06-13-2023, 07:23 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 06:07 AM)Thebutler Wrote: It would cost 8 to maybe 9tc anyway the gun itself would be able to see through walls when scoped well that's it
Yes. Traitor Detectives are already one of the most dangerous and powerful antagonists in the game due to their sec acces and sec radio ALONE!
It's free wire tapping.

Add Spy Stickers that other traitors gotta buy.
A gun with LETHALS from the get go.
Remote Security Records access with Det-Net that won't give security a hint someone is editing logs unless they physically check it and seeing every camera from it as well...
Let's not forget the standard Det gadget hat that can turn into a bug to check things beyond a locked door.

THAT ALONE is what makes detectives the most dangerous antagonists.
Add traitor credits, a second gun with piercing rounds (predator pistol). You got a stun and shoot combo that makes security dread you.
Also your coat is FREE ARMOR!
They already have the "buffed det-hat scuttle bug" it's enough.

So adding a SNIPER that can see through walls? That's just great even as a global traitor item.
All you do is "Set target to arrest"
"Summon all securitrons"
"Then snipe the fool when he is surprisingly stunned down"

Det traitors definitely need more exclusive tools. 
This gun for it's price is fair.. but I prefer seeing it as a det weapon.. not a global weapon anyway 10/10 idea
(06-13-2023, 11:03 AM)Thebutler Wrote: I edit replies to try to be funny, but in reality cause people to never read these posts anyway or try to spread misinformation. Being funny like this is a complete waste of time and derails my own topic to show how much I am more interrested in putting an idea then refuting my opinions since I am not smart enough.

Enough said of this suggestion. Just don't do that crap. Detracting people like that is a waste of your own topic's time.
Try to convince me why this is a good idea... cause this stuff will make NO one take your idea serious.

That said I agree with Earthfire to give it as a Spief reward.
I do not want to see detective traitors becoming a nukie sniper with practically infinite ammo if it used the same ammo as the detective's revolver. If it costed nine tc, three tc for ATOS and you're basically a nukie sniper without wall penetration.
(06-13-2023, 08:41 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: A spief reward could be a nice idea. They can always need some big guns.

Actually that's not a bad idea how would they acquire it though
Spies already have the hunting rifle and the shotgun.
(06-13-2023, 12:33 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 11:03 AM)Thebutler Wrote: I edit replies to try to be funny, but in reality cause people to never read these posts anyway or try to spread misinformation. Being funny like this is a complete waste of time and derails my own topic to show how much I am more interrested in putting an idea then refuting my opinions since I am not smart enough.

Enough said of this suggestion. Just don't do that crap. Detracting people like that is a waste of your own topic's time.
Try to convince me why this is a good idea... cause this stuff will make NO one take your idea serious.

That said I agree with Earthfire to give it as a Spief reward.

Oh well it might just be to op for a det item not a bad idea tho to make it a spief although it should probably have a high requirement

(06-13-2023, 12:48 PM)PowerfulXtian Wrote: I do not want to see detective traitors becoming a nukie sniper with practically infinite ammo if it used the same ammo as the detective's revolver. If it costed nine tc, three tc for ATOS and you're basically a nukie sniper without wall penetration.

Maybe make it use special ammo and if needed the reasoning could be that level of caliber was ineffective for a sniper
Why not just make low cost xray specs.
(06-13-2023, 06:51 PM)Mouse Wrote: Spies already have the hunting rifle and the shotgun.

Hear me out give them a minigun