Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabricators use higher materials by default
As it says, the fabricators have this really annoying habit of eating your hard-earned uquil/telecrystals/etc whenever you build something that has "X any" as part of its cost, instead of the abundant metal/glass/wire.
I'm pretty sure there's an option on the fabricator to make them not do that.
I noticed that option after two different occasions where people loaded telecrystals and/or uqil into the fabricator and had them vanish after building some random other parts. It should be off by default.
Archenteron Wrote:It should be off by default.
I kind of agree, but at the same time, does using the higher tier materials make higher tier or more resillient...things? Like, batteries will be made with better storage right?
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
I kind of agree, but at the same time, does using the higher tier materials make higher tier or more resillient...things? Like, batteries will be made with better storage right?
No.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
No.
Then this is useless to have -not- always be off.
I've been having some difficulty getting the mining fabricators to eject materials lately, too, for some reason. Like, one round I managed to get it to eject some mauxite just fine (Took it out of communal mode first, I checked on each of these times), but the next round when I accidentally dropped some syreline into one, I tried to eject it and nothing happened. I eventually, through some awkward clicking around, got it to eject the ore into a crate, which is useful, but sometimes I just want it to eject out of the machine like it usually does.

What I think the problem might be is that someone (myself included) might have clicked the machine itself and set it to eject the ore... right back into itself. Why that functionality exists, I don't know. I get being able to eject it into a crate or something, but putting it back into itself seems pointless, and is probably what prevented me from just ejecting it straight out.

Moreover, I still don't know how you're supposed to recycle miracle matter since the fabricator overhaul. Do THOSE count as high-tier material to be used for whatever like that? I haven't even been keeping close enough track of materials to notice when anything is used other than what used to be required for building.
Just put miracle matter into a recycler and it'll turn into something automatically.