Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
borgs should fear fires.
Ok, borgs take damage from fires, but it is so negligible that pretty much no one gives a shit about it. and honestly, its kinda annoying when you set off a plasma fire and then watch as a borg fearlessly trots through the fire and puts it out from the center-out.

So how about a little change where, depending on the heat of the fire and the reinforced-ness of the borg, their limbs would melt off.
First the limbs would melt off, then the legs, then the head. each limb taking a certain amount of time depending on the heat/how reinforced it is.

For instance in a standard plasma fire, a light borg cant be in the fire for 10-20 seconds before their limbs start to melt off, where as a reinforced borg would last a minute or two in the heat.

This would make borgs actually care if there is a gigantic plasma fire in the middle of the hallways, instead of them waltzing through not giving a shit.

Perhaps a little warning when they are in the threshold of being melted?
i disagree

i believe space-age metal mined out from an asteroid should be able to withstand xtr3me heat
They're made from the same space metal as the 2 inch walls that can contain three burning fires of a hellmix a hundred times hotter than the sun.

The same metal that apparently insulates so well that you can stand a meter away from said mix and not be harmed in the slightest.

Frankly, Borgs being good against fire is one of the few things that make sense about them.
Does synthflesh still work on borgs?

"The extreme heat has revealed dumb pubbie is actually a robot... woah"
It would be cool as heck if a borg's meat suit would melt off in fire revealing the metal parts underneath, terminator 2 style.

Wouldn't damage the borg, just ruin his skinsuit.

corrosive acid reagents would probably do the same thing.

This might not make borgs fear fires, but it would be cool as heck and give borgs a reason to avoid fires if given the choice. Can't risk scratching your new meatsuit.
atomic1fire Wrote:Does synthflesh still work on borgs?

"The extreme heat has revealed dumb pubbie is actually a robot... woah"
It would be cool as heck if a borg's meat suit would melt off in fire revealing the metal parts underneath, terminator 2 style.

Wouldn't damage the borg, just ruin his skinsuit.

corrosive acid reagents would probably do the same thing.

This might not make borgs fear fires, but it would be cool as heck and give borgs a reason to avoid fires if given the choice. Can't risk scratching your new meatsuit.
I do like this idea. Not so much the fire hurting borgs but melting skin is awesome.
replicants have been removed, not sure why as they were super fun to play as but w/e, a lost feature R.I.P
Wait, I thought borgs were damaged by fire? There's a fire warning sensor on their interface, you can use Wire to repair internal fire damage, and there's a shield upgrade the robotics manufacturers can create that's designed specifically to make them immune to fire damage. Did they change this?
Borgs can take burn damage but are immune to fire. Burn damage can come from other sources however, most notably lasers.
Riiight, I forgot about that.