Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AI Start Changes
Start the AI with one shell and one borg. Leave the borg as a usual borg with the same modules and such. Add a spaceGPS to the shell so the AI can get telesci coordinates on its own.
As an AI main, god yes. I know I am *incredibly* biased, but please, this would make my rounds so much more fun. I'd actually be able to help out the crew more often, and, while I don't use telesci that much, being able to assist with that is also fun. And also using it when rogue is far more interesting than just blowing weldertanks and shocking doors.

It should 100% be a light borg of course, but yeah just having that would make my life so much easier when playing as AI
Hard no from me. I reckon that some sort of crew interaction to really achieve an AI shell-borg is something that I just find genuinely engaging. It forces at least a minimal amount of player to player interaction and I'd mourn to see it stripped away.
No from me. There's gotta be some engagement with the robotocist. A lot of their work is stuff borgs can do by themselves as is
Borgs / Borg shells are a pretty big tool in playing AI. Having it at roundstart would be quite a balance change.
(05-15-2020, 10:56 PM)GORE Wrote: Hard no from me. I reckon that some sort of crew interaction to really achieve an AI shell-borg is something that I just find genuinely engaging. It forces at least a minimal amount of player to player interaction and I'd mourn to see it stripped away.
(05-16-2020, 01:23 AM)vampirate Wrote: No from me. There's gotta be some engagement with the robotocist. A lot of their work is stuff borgs can do by themselves as is
(05-16-2020, 03:01 AM)Carbadox Wrote: Borgs / Borg shells are a pretty big tool in playing AI. Having it at roundstart would be quite a balance change.

It could be something phased in based upon players at round start. If there are fewer players, AI gets upgraded shells. If there is no roboticist, it gets a light borg. This is, more than anything, to help those of us that AI during the dead of night.
(05-16-2020, 03:08 AM)Erev Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 10:56 PM)GORE Wrote: Hard no from me. I reckon that some sort of crew interaction to really achieve an AI shell-borg is something that I just find genuinely engaging. It forces at least a minimal amount of player to player interaction and I'd mourn to see it stripped away.
(05-16-2020, 01:23 AM)vampirate Wrote: No from me.   There's gotta be some engagement with the robotocist.  A lot of their work is stuff borgs can do by themselves as is
(05-16-2020, 03:01 AM)Carbadox Wrote: Borgs / Borg shells are a pretty big tool in playing AI. Having it at roundstart would be quite a balance change.

It could be something phased in based upon players at round start. If there are fewer players, AI gets upgraded shells. If there is no roboticist, it gets a light borg. This is, more than anything, to help those of us that AI during the dead of night.

As AI playing on my Daytime - when Goon has around 20 players...I have asked several times over the general comms or even bothered enought to PDA some friendly folks like the Captain or someone else to built me a borg body and more often than not I had success.

Not only robotocists know how to construct a borg and not only they can produce a borg body.
I don't usually leave my mainframe as AI when I can avoid it, as I prefer the disembodied playstyle to the borg playstyle.
However, I feel like I should mention that it is quite easy for me to do telesci as an AI. I just place my AEye over the telesci pad and teleport it somewhere else on station. Then I can just check the coordinates for that spot on the telescience map that I use. It is actually faster for me than when I do telescience as a Scientist.
https://kayle7777.github.io/telescience/

(Of course, one might argue that use of tools like a map should not be required, so I feel like adding a GPS to AI shells would be fine, not like it's in any way abusable.)
AI Shells need some kind of borg like pod body they can dock into.

Stick some of them in different departments, with toolsets to help in that department

The AI shell docks into it, and then uses the tools to help in that area

The AI Shell Mobile Suit has a limited range from it's area, so the AI can only pilot it near the department it is found in.

When the AI is ready, it just returns the suit to the dock, and pops back out of it
(05-16-2020, 06:18 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: AI Shells need some kind of borg like pod body they can dock into.

Stick some of them in different departments, with toolsets to help in that department

The AI Shell Mobile Suit has a limited range from it's area, so the AI can only pilot it near the department it is found in.

When the AI is ready, it just returns the suit to the dock, and pops back out of it

Totally left of field and I apologise in advance for potentially derailing the thread but why not give the AI shell (the Eyebot) a magtractor, with all the limitations with it (cannot interact with humans, can't harm, etc) ?

It would be a nice lil buff but also balanced in that it's limited to the eyebots? 

Want a borgshell? Go make one yourself. 

Rogue? Build an army of borgshells. 

Want to combat the AI who's doing this? Well by virtue of the fact that the AI can only enter in one at a time, they'd be distracted and could have have their laws changed in the meantime. Also, destroying their eyebot (with it's measly health) would stop this dead in it's tracks. 

Food for thought.
(05-16-2020, 06:45 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 06:18 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: AI Shells need some kind of borg like pod body they can dock into.

Totally left of field and I apologise in advance for potentially derailing the thread but why not give the AI shell (the Eyebot) a magtractor, with all the limitations with it (cannot interact with humans, can't harm, etc) ?

It would be a nice lil buff but also balanced in that it's limited to the eyebots? 

Want to combat the AI who's doing this? Well by virtue of the fact that the AI can only enter in one at a time, they'd be distracted and could have have their laws changed in the meantime. Also, destroying their eyebot (with it's measly health) would stop this dead in it's tracks. 

Food for thought.

This. Much simpler
(05-16-2020, 09:49 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 06:45 AM)Sundance Wrote:

Food for thought.

This. Much simpler

And much more fun.
Having a gripper seems like a good idea, actually. Shells can't do much besides push things (they can't pull things), and do some basic stuff with the omnitool. Allowing a shell to do basic operations by picking things up is something that warrants playtesting.