Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let blobs hear deadchat
I don't see any real downside to including this, and upsides include being able to give obviously new blobs some advice so they learn more in their likely brief existence.  Might have to let ghosts hear blobchat too.
I feel like this may alert blobs to tactics that the crew is trying to use, I often see ghosts talk about stuff like "Oh, the captain is gonna trigger the bomb near the nuclei at the armory." and so on.
To be fair, blobs knowing what the crew is up to would be helpful.

Hell, as a compromise, how about an upgrade that lets the blob hear radio chatter? And then another upgrade to hear all the secure frequencies, on top of the 145.7 frequency.

Also I agree, ghosts should be able to hear blobchat 100%
Let blobs have a hivemind instead. dead ghosties they absorbed can warn them of incoming dangers.... maybe even let them spawn as couple things.
(05-10-2020, 10:49 AM)vampirate Wrote: Let blobs have a hivemind instead.   dead ghosties they absorbed can warn them of incoming dangers.... maybe even let them spawn as couple things.

This is a decent compromise. 

As far as the other suggestion, I always liked the idea of the absorbed being able to assist the blob, in a muted way similar to changeling. 

Something simple as being respawned as a globule that can only move around the blob and can spit disarming projectiles. Having an extra pair of eyes and ears is useful, but it might get OP if the blob eats too much of the crew, so I would suggest that it only gets to spawn these globules max 3 at a time, while the rest of the absorbed wait in lieu and communicating what they see as ghosts (or not, if they're salty like ling husks)
I definitely think that the blob should be able to make miniature nuclei or something and let another player that they absorbed assist with the blob.

Hell, if you wanna go all out with the idea, each nuclei you have should allow you to let another player assist you. This player has their own points to spend (besides Evo Points, which only the master player can spend), and can do everything the master blob player can (with the exception of re-assigning players to nuclei). Essentially, multiple minds controlling the same blob.
(05-10-2020, 01:33 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I definitely think that the blob should be able to make miniature nuclei or something and let another player that they absorbed assist with the blob.

Hell, if you wanna go all out with the idea, each nuclei you have should allow you to let another player assist you. This player has their own points to spend (besides Evo Points, which only the master player can spend), and can do everything the master blob player can (with the exception of re-assigning players to nuclei). Essentially, multiple minds controlling the same blob.

what if this but we design blob mode around all blobs being one blob to begin with, having to bring the *collective* above 500 tiles or whatever
welcome to the hivemind
(05-10-2020, 01:33 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I definitely think that the blob should be able to make miniature nuclei or something and let another player that they absorbed assist with the blob.

I feel like this could be a great change to how blob works. And it would help when you're getting bigger and the crew is attacking you from multiple fronts.
The reason I specifically suggested deadchat instead of a hivemind is to assist new blobs, who often don't manage to absorb anyone before getting killed. There are, however, usually a few folks floating around deadchat as a result of observing or roundstart suicide.
I am enjoying hivemind/collective ideas. Antag blobs are equal power trying to reach a shared goal while absorbed folks can be given little areas to manage or spawned at angry blob critters.
(05-15-2020, 07:15 PM)Erev Wrote: I am enjoying hivemind/collective ideas. Antag blobs are equal power trying to reach a shared goal while absorbed folks can be given little areas to manage or spawned at angry blob critters.

One of the worst features about blob, that makes crew arm up against them so fast, is their way to shut a round down once they have expanded enough. 

A factor of that is blobs permakilling those absorbed. I think having a blob hive mind type thing could be really nice, especially if there was a chance to save the people from that fate. 

Blob could essentially capture crew, hivemind them, and use them as human shields against the crew, as you could catch them and use them as a deterrent against flamethrowers, or other collateral damage attacks

A blob hiveminded player would essentially be stuck in the blob, with the blob being able to exert control over them against their will. While hiveminded, the blob can use their eyes, ears, and mouth as their own, and speak telepathically with them and issue commands, like picking up items in the blob and using them, or opening doors, talking to the crew, etc