Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wrestling belt knockdown time needs to be buffed a bit
Currently when you whack someone with a wrestling belt attack, they will usually pop back up in seconds-- sometimes before you can even grab them.

This thing costs 7 TC for something that's worse at stunning than a flash or a baton (both of which can potentially be had for free or with the help of an emag which is 1 TC cheaper and has wide applications) and does less damage than a katana or c-saber, both of which have a similar cost.
I think the belt is fine as is. The belt just takes a little bit of practice to learn how to use. Making the stuns longer so that you can have a garuantee grab chain to kill a target sounds cheap and against the spirit of this game to me.

It's a powerful item, but buying it doesn't make you macho man.
The c-saber and katana also let you fight multiple people because they get the special area attacks that were added to melee weapons.
The advantage the belt has is that it autotargets people and you can use it stunned. Hitting people with the belt is super easy and you don't instantly drop it and give your opponents your weapon when you're stunned. The belt is currently harder to fight than a saber and much safer to use. And the damage it does isn't insignificant! Also you can gib corpses with it. I think the pricing is very fair currently.
As others have said, the belt is very powerful but does have its downsides, currently though I agree with flaborized that its stronger than the saber or the katana, purely by virtue that it cant be disarmed, and has a lot more options available to the belt-wearer than a csaber or katana user would have, and also unlike a flash or baton - does not require to be recharged, or in a flashes case, replaced.

The true strength of the belt is its strength as a combo weapon to either take your opponents weapon via knocking them down briefly, or following up with another weapon.

Gonna have to disagree with making its more powerful than it already is for the above reasons.
(10-24-2018, 03:52 PM)Berrik Wrote: Currently when you whack someone with a wrestling belt attack, they will usually pop back up in seconds-- sometimes before you can even grab them.

This thing costs 7 TC for something that's worse at stunning than a flash or a baton (both of which can potentially be had for free or with the help of an emag which is 1 TC cheaper and has wide applications) and does less damage than a katana or c-saber, both of which have a similar cost.

The thing about the wrestling belt is that it can easily be used in combination with the aforementioned stun weapons without taking up a hand slot or being easily removed - use the autotargeting kick to knock them down, then hit them with the stun weapon. As for how you're meant to acquire them without an emag, use your imagination.