Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Escape pods
If the shuttle has already left it would be cool if you could hop into an escape pod and if it makes it to the end of the station z level it teleports you to the edge of the shuttles Z level. Of course even if you make it that far you still have to make it to the shuttle itself.
I like it, perhaps it smashes into a rock or something and you have to make it to the shuttle before it reaches centcomm, would probably require some way to enter without hacking though
i like the idea of actual functional escape pods. the challenge should be then to survive long enough in the pod to reach centcom
What if...

The escape pods continued to function as they do now, until the shuttle leaves.

After that, they become more controllable and slightly safer. They'll continue to randomly veer in different directions, and will periodically move faster or slower without warning, but they won't explode unless they crash into something.

Then, instead of having them directly go to the shuttle, they first have to fly through an asteroid field
That SOUNDS cool but then some people would only go for the pod to avoid shuttle fights, maybe you get teleported into the shuttle via crash and get stunned for a few seconds
(05-23-2018, 04:04 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: That SOUNDS cool but then some people would only go for the pod to avoid shuttle fights, maybe you get teleported into the shuttle via crash and get stunned for a few seconds

It certainly wouldn't be a safe option. The pod functions as normal and has the to make it to the edge of the station's Z-level and THEN travel from the edge of the shuttles Z-level before Smashing through the shuttle windows ejecting near the shuttle doors.
I like this idea.

Gives people a way home if the shuttle already left AND still let's newbies experience reasons to not use escape pods early.
I like it, another way it could work is that once the shuttle has left the pod will gain teleporter coordinates for the shuttle Z level, the pod's portals modified to only open for 2 seconds. If not this then certainly that (New525's idea)

P.S. Remember to rate his idea out of 5 based upon the OP
Back when the escape shuttles were new there was a rumor that they had a very small chance of not exploding and sending the person riding them to a random telescience zone. Of course that's not true but if they change it that the shuttles can send you to the escape shuttle after it left then how about a chance it sends you to like mars or the ice zone or even crashing into biodome? I mean round is already over, might as well have a risk to using the escape pods at the end anyway.