Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Abilities the AI should have
For giving AI more powers, I always had the idea of making the AI control console useful for more than just killswitching. Maybe for AI powers that may be a bit too powerful or destructive, they would be disabled by default, but someone with a command ID could use the control console to enable them.
As another idea, I very much like the idea of a holographic representation of the AI. Maybe a PDA program that can place a generic holographic avatar where the AEye is. I know that some other servers do this too in the form of a hologram pad, and while I'm certainly not suggesting straight up copying an idea, the idea of having even a ghostly image to speak to instead of just empty air might be neat.

In terms of how this might work for a communication perspective, maybe it can enable the intercoms in a room to a specific, dedicated channel that the AI can hear? Having the avatar be able to hear whats going on specifically in a room without radio or intercom would be too strong I think.
Actually, regarding intercoms

I definitely will change one of my internal radios to a secure channel and then start covertly switching intercoms to that frequency to eavesdrop on people.

While it's not too much of a problem to do that, I feel like it could be simplified to just having an AI toggle button on intercoms. When it's switched one way it turns on a special mic that goes directly to the AI without broadcasting it elsewhere. When it's switched the other it doesn't. Maybe even give it a little light on the intercom so eagle eyed players can spot when the AI is doing it.
(05-09-2018, 02:33 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: For giving AI more powers, I always had the idea of making the AI control console useful for more than just killswitching. Maybe for AI powers that may be a bit too powerful or destructive, they would be disabled by default, but someone with a command ID could use the control console to enable them.

I rather like this idea, of the AI having to smoothtalk somebody into turning on the dangerous abilities. Or the Tater letting them go whole hog once they've established a trust relationship (read: the traitor knows the AI can follow orders).

and then the ai kills him with 100 laser drones because he misspelled something in the law, so the ai was only helping him for fun

also yes please make the ai having to mess with intercoms less frustrating. just a quick toggle would be preferable to messing w/ channels

edit: basically, I want the AI to be an overseer, helper, and task manager when non-rogue/helpful, and a cruel panopticon, annoyance/danger, and schemer when rogue. i want it to ooze personality and function and make it far more of a power play to subvert the ai, but also make the ai a much better tool to have on your side !!AND!! make it so that the response to any malfeasance isn't killswitching, because you're destroying someone who's potentially very useful if you cure them of being evil
(05-09-2018, 03:13 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Actually, regarding intercoms

I definitely will change one of my internal radios to a secure channel and then start covertly switching intercoms to that frequency to eavesdrop on people.

While it's not too much of a problem to do that, I feel like it could be simplified to just having an AI toggle button on intercoms. When it's switched one way it turns on a special mic that goes directly to the AI without broadcasting it elsewhere. When it's switched the other it doesn't. Maybe even give it a little light on the intercom so eagle eyed players can spot when the AI is doing it.

This is a great idea imo, assuming that the intercom functioning like that is encouraged by those who make the final decision
(05-09-2018, 02:33 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: For giving AI more powers, I always had the idea of making the AI control console useful for more than just killswitching. Maybe for AI powers that may be a bit too powerful or destructive, they would be disabled by default, but someone with a command ID could use the control console to enable them.

I agree about the Killswitch Konsole, and to add to that, the AI and all the borgs should have the ability to not die forever when some Hobby Master ass presses the no-more-fun button.

Instead, it should give them the ability to not be able to do anything while it's on. Able to speak on a cooldown, but nothing else. Also shuts off all the bots, unelectrifies all things, and does a factory reset on anything the silicons could possibly touch. Then you can just pop all the borgs into limbless cluwnes and fart on them.
(05-09-2018, 06:35 PM)Superlagg Wrote:

I agree about the Killswitch Konsole, and to add to that, the AI and all the borgs should have the ability to not die forever when some Hobby Master ass presses the no-more-fun button.

Instead, it should give them the ability to not be able to do anything while it's on. Able to speak on a cooldown, but nothing else. Also shuts off all the bots, unelectrifies all things, and does a factory reset on anything the silicons could possibly touch. Then you can just pop all the borgs into limbless cluwnes and fart on them.

Wow, that sounds way more fun than "Haha all of you are dead because the AI wouldn't open a door for me"
Two words: laser cameras

More words: it has been suggested many times that there be more dangerous equipment failure, this should be so but also the AI should be able to make it happen. Sorta like electrifying a door except the next person to use the manufacturer loses an arm
(05-09-2018, 11:51 PM)poland spring Wrote: Two words: laser cameras

More words: it has been suggested many times that there be more dangerous equipment failure, this should be so but also the AI should be able to make it happen. Sorta like electrifying a door except the next person to use the manufacturer loses an arm

Would someone like an effortpost for evilly hacked machinery? HERE YOU GO
Manufacturers: Catch your tie/eat your arm, give the wrong item, get really slow and nasty
Vending machines: Start high velocity pitching stuff at people, eat your money
Sprinklers: Sprinkle
Drains: Artificially shut
Showers: Turn on and ruin everything

Actually I'm very tired.

An electrified grille should be able to be overloaded so hard it shoots out lightning but breaks the wires underneath.