Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Differentiate the mutant races
Yeah I honestly don't have an issue with alien races.

We've matured as a community where something shouldn't be outright ignored because X server has proven that it's unbalanced or Y server made it creepy. That for the matter applies to most things other servers do.

Regarding how goon could do it; yeah designate it to genetics and late join options, perhaps a 5% chance of spawning as something funky. And keep the aliens humor based. We don't need skrell. We need alien yee lizards.
(11-15-2017, 07:12 AM)Sov Wrote: Tengu

Race of bird people. Come in a variety of colors as opposed to having hair. Instead of screaming they CAW like our other birbs

Natural 20% cold resist
Vulnerable to fire, burn for 35% longer if ignited.

Owl people
id rather you'd be able to join as one

there should also be playable versions of whatever the hell alien species the QM merchants are
(11-14-2017, 10:18 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: edit: also on-screen keyboard is slow but useful
I just used a pen knife and lung power. Now it's sticking so I'm getting the occasional double rs. Oh well.

Mainly I would just like martians to be anaerobic and cold immune if that's not already a thing. Something for the others would be nice too, but for marrtians it's more a fix.
I'm totally for the unique race traits, but against broadening things to let you join as them (sans ambassador and any similar jobs im forgetting) or spawning as them for right now. It's not that I'm opposed to the idea, quite the opposite, but I feel attaching the race trait idea (which is very simple and inoffensive) to this big controversial frictional issue would mean the characteristics would end up not getting added. Adding the individual racial qualities and letting that gel with the community would, in my mind, go a long way to further consideration of broadening alien race usage.
(11-14-2017, 01:45 PM)Cirrial Wrote: Premature clones have a wide variety of unique attributes!

They do? I've only ever noticed that they gib on death, but nothing else.
I think the mutant races should have unique attributes AND be purchaseable with spacebux. It takes long enough to actually get the amount you need that we wouldn't see it constantly, and even when we did it's only a matter of time before that player fails to make the shuttle anyway. If the cost of someone being able to run a cool skeleton gimmick from round start when they want to is maybe someone walks around outside the station for a bit and waves at the crew I'm fine with it. Hell, toss the other mutations into the spacebux menu, why not? If balance is an issue just have the more "powerful" mutations cost more. They already have the disadvantage of the AI being able to tell them to fuck off whenever it feels like so heck with it
when lizards take a moderate amount of brute damage their tails should fall off and gradually regrow, and the tail should be cookable
(11-19-2017, 05:32 AM)misto Wrote: when lizards take a moderate amount of brute damage their tails should fall off and gradually regrow, and the tail should be cookable

The ability to escape one grab by hitting resist, which sheds the tail into the hands of the agressor. Which can then be used as a club to bludgeon you to death with.