Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telescience help.
Yeah, c++ is easier for me too.
I made a program on my TI-82 calculator, shits fun, man
Splatpope Wrote:I made a program on my TI-82 calculator, shits fun, man
I wanted to do that, but I can't now that I've learned how to program in c++... like, the calculator program is so ungodly inelegant it hurts.
I don't wanna diss you, but optimized TI-Basic code is actually very elegant, aspecially if you replace IF statements with bitwise expressions

Ofc, you're forced to use gotos and horrible while loops, but heck, thats the wonders of procedural programming frown
my problem with TI calculators
none of them come with a declarative language (which would have a lot more practical uses in a calculator)
Splatpope Wrote:Ibitwise expressions
explain to me how to calculator
Who needs a program or spreadsheet to solve first-degree polynomials, fuck. It's like year 8 maths
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Who needs a program or spreadsheet to solve first-degree polynomials, fuck. It's like year 8 maths
Or if you're in America, 7th grade shit.
nerds cool
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Who needs a program or spreadsheet to solve first-degree polynomials, fuck. It's like year 8 maths

It's not about NEEDING the program... It's about making boring tedious busywork less so with the aid of programs. I mean, once you've figured out the process once you can make a program to automate it. And that's a reward of sorts for being innovative.
Math is 2hard4me frown

On the other hand, I'm a CS major, and I solve telescience math pretty much instantly in my head, so...

roll eyes (sarcastic)
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:Ibitwise expressions
explain to me how to calculator

if example :
:if a < 25
:then
:2 -> s

bitwise exemple :
frowna<25)*2->s

saves a significant lot of processing time/RAM space on calculators