Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Thermals useful again
They used to let you see through walls, which was understandably nerfed.

After that, they helped you see in the dark. But since the new lighting, it doesn't really seem to work that way anymore.

Sure, they still help you catch cloakers, but those are fairly rare these days, and is hardly a good reason to keep them on until you need them.

I propose just full on making them like night vision goggles and eliminate darkness all together, at the cost that normal lighting washes out your screen as all white, on top of the current weaknesses to flashes and welding lights.
I'm all for thermals being useful again, but I think the first step is to make cloakers more common again.

I think enabling them in surplus crates would give them a lot more usage than they get right now.
I didn't think seeing people through walls was all that bad, it was just being able to see who they were, what they had, and what they were doing that bothered me.
(04-27-2016, 05:33 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I didn't think seeing people through walls was all that bad, it was just being able to see who they were, what they had, and what they were doing that bothered me.

I was never particularly bothered by thermals, but some people were.
Why couldn't we just set people seen through thermals as heat "unknown" outlines, even ones not behind walls, until you took the thermals off and looked at them with your damn eyes, again? With non-fresh corpses also not showing up as an overlay.

And while we're at it add a feature to the chameleon suit that it blends in with the ambient temperature of the environment and makes you invisible to thermals. Unless you're using a cloak.

In fact, where's the button that summons Erik? The top thing at least should have been a thing a long time ago.
(04-27-2016, 05:51 PM)Xeram Wrote: In fact, where's the button that summons Erik? The top thing at least should have been a thing a long time ago.

Just wave a sticky note with "NEW SECRET CHEM HINTS" on it, he'll probably leave burn marks on the floors.