Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robotics Brain scanner
-stick a special sleeper bed in robotics

-living person climbs into bed, sleeps for a few minutes (a little under the time it takes to be cloned)

-machine saves scan of their brain patterns

-Person dies

-load a synth brain into machine

-Brain scan is loaded into synth brain. Brain is stuck in borg. Person lives again

-quality of brain effects end result
There's no need to have the backing up process take a few minutes, when cloning can already save a person's brain scan instantaneously and restore them from that anytime they die. Just have the two systems linked, so that anyone who scans themselves can be either cloned from their backup or loaded into a synthbrain to be borged.
I support this but with Roomba's addendum.
I agree with Atamusvaleo.
Yeah, winklabom is right
Weavel's got the right idea
(I like this)
On reflection, I'm going to have to rescind my original proposal in favor of Nnystyxx's opinion
Yeah I like Frank_Stein's view on this! This seems like a really neat feature for cyborgs and would make it more fun to become one sometimes.
the stored minds should be able to talk with a speaker on the databank, to alert the roboticist when their bio body is dead and they need to be borged. they will be stuck in the databank rather than regular deadchat ghosting, but they can look around with cameras like the ai does. the databank speaker should be connected to machine talk, but not to regular radio channels, to keep these stored minds from being a bunch of supercop snitches in their boredom. perhaps there could even be limited mind storage capacity.

perhaps these minds could even be hot-swapped with an ai who needs to quit and be replaced, rather than it always needing admin intervention

destroying, stealing, or sabotaging the databank could be a new traitor objective
(04-13-2016, 03:14 AM)misto Wrote: the stored minds should be able to talk with a speaker on the databank, to alert the roboticist when their bio body is dead and they need to be borged. they will be stuck in the databank rather than regular deadchat ghosting, but they can look around with cameras like the ai does. the databank speaker should be connected to machine talk, but not to regular radio channels, to keep these stored minds from being a bunch of supercop snitches in their boredom. perhaps there could even be limited mind storage capacity.

perhaps these minds could even be hot-swapped with an ai who needs to quit and be replaced, rather than it always needing admin intervention

destroying, stealing, or sabotaging the databank could be a new traitor objective

i like this idea but the databank thing should be able to scream/fart/birdwell/etc
It reminds me of ghost in the shell. Who will be the first to transcend his/her mortal coil and become one with the information highway?
I feel like this could encourage some really ghetto revival solutions, like hooking up a synth brain to a radio and a potato and calling it finished.

Captain: "I told you to revive him"

Robutticist: "well he's not dead"

Captain: "But he's a talking potato"

Clowntato: "I am a good looking spud"

Yes to synth brain scanner

Also potato powered crewman might be too referency.
(04-13-2016, 01:45 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I feel like this could encourage some really ghetto revival solutions, like hooking up a synth brain to a radio and a potato and calling it finished.

Captain: "I told you to revive him"

Robutticist: "well he's not dead"

Captain: "But he's a talking potato"

Clowntato: "I am a good looking spud"

Yes to synth brain scanner

Also potato powered crewman might be too referency.

That brain jar thing Spyguy was working on would be perfect for this
oh. and if antags are worried about the scanned minds snitching on them too quickly from the databank you could easily put a 5 minute timer or something after bio-body death before a stored mind fully awakens in the databank and gains access to the speaker. and besides that antags wear disguises or are unknowns half the time so this snitching wont be much more effective than regular post-cloning or post-borging snitching

the stored mind databank could also be subject to law changes, i guess, if you think that would be funny or useful at all