Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More PDA Functionality
I really like the PDA as a tool in this game, but I'd like for it to do even more for certain jobs.

-A DNA Analyzer for Geneticists that scans the target's DNA, then uploads it to the Genetics lab for testing and analyzing.
-A Geological Analyzer for Miners. Works exactly like the Geological Scanner, but in the PDA now.
-A banking app that comes by default that allows users to observe the balance of their ID card or station account when an ID is plugged into the PDA.
-Using the PDA against a scanner or vending machine lets crewmembers "tap and pay" when an ID is plugged into the PDA.
-A cart that comes with a DWAINE terminal app.
-For barmen, a stealth flask module that replaces the flashlight, that turns the PDA into a 30-unit container that can be drunk from. Also, Give barmen a reagent scanner.
-A camera module that can be swapped in place of the flashlight/t-ray scanner, complete with polaroid-style printout.
-A UV light module for detectives that illuminates blood and other bodily fluids even after they've been cleaned up.
-Upgrades for the PDA. More on-board memory for programs most notably, but also maybe two cart slots, or a color screen! Traitors could get an "access skimmer" upgrade for their PDA that grabs access credentials from adjacent crewmembers (they have to be adjacent for a little while, not just one instant), then adds them to your ID.
I think the access skimmer is a p cool idea.

Traitor with the gift of gab sits next to HOP's office, asking if he's heard any good stories lately. Comes up with things to chat about until skim is complete, then he's got captain level access.

It at the very least rewards subterfuge, since you have to come up with an excuse to stay near the HOS/HOP/etc.
I'd love for a HUD icon for using the PDA, similar to flashlights or T-Ray scanners. Having to pull it out in your hand all the time is a pain, and I don't like keeping the window open all the time to keep the screen less busy.

One thing I suggested in the past was a twitter like app on PDAs for things like security alerts, department communication, and just general hijinx.
pda name alphabetizer

alphabetizes names on the pda list

woah....

wow.....
Cameron Higgs Wrote:-A DNA Analyzer for Geneticists that scans the target's DNA, then uploads it to the Genetics lab for testing and analyzing.

This is already a thing, but the DNA records of the entire crew are already found in the genetics scanners.
Grifflez Wrote:
Cameron Higgs Wrote:-A DNA Analyzer for Geneticists that scans the target's DNA, then uploads it to the Genetics lab for testing and analyzing.

This is already a thing, but the DNA records of the entire crew are already found in the genetics scanners.
Oh really? That's cool!
Resurrecting this thread to go along with this idea

http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=...1#pid71351

Here's some other functions that might be nice and would pair well with an AI assistant
  • Banking app for transferring funds from and to your card
  • Universal remote. Let's you click on doors with pda in hand to open and close doors, or click drag from PDA to the door. Can also save doors in memory to open them from a list when they are out of view.
  • External pacemaker. Pulses an electric charge that stimulates the heart when the PDA is worn on the ID slot
  • More games with multiplayer, either with rooms or invites. Black Jack, poker, minesweeper, some kind of tamogatchi/monster rancher hybrid battle game are some things that might translate well. Link it to bank accounts for wagers.
  • In game refrence guide for things like surgery, chemistry, and other more complex stuff. More or less a simplified text dump from the wiki with hyperlinks