Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playable races on goonstation
other stations have shit like furries, tree people, birds, and other stupid crap, but goonstation should have unique playable races...like a race of living space butts.
I'm just going to go ahead and say this, right now: No.

I just don't see any benefit from it.

Side note: We technically already do, you just gotta play as an ambassador or mess with genetics. This sorta restrained method is currently pretty good.
Good as is - thriugh special jobs or mutations.
Seems like we're gonna have to wait even more to see playable races. I think it has been asked at least 2 other times. The Goonstation community isn't ready yet.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:other stations have shit like furries, tree people, birds, and other stupid crap, but goonstation should have unique playable races...like a race of living space butts.

STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU
Breaking News Developing... NO! Breaking News Developing... We already have monkeys, bug people, fish men, skeletons, lizard men, and mars people. Do we really need more than that?
It's one of those things people are particular about. One of those things that draws "You've activated my trap card!"-level meme-nopes.

I don't dislike furries. They can do whatever they want in their own spaces just like the rest of us. It's just that furries and furry-likes tend to have a Marcus-level obsession with their hobby and take it even further, generally insisting on others to play by their rules. Now I know the word 'furry' is strong for something that might be as innocuous as a talking space-butt but, trust me, somebody, sometime, will take it faaar to serious. What's worse is that kind of obsession tends to be viral, especially among the local population of trolls that love screwing with weak-nerved people. Not to mention the actual prejudice and division of players into groups which is disastrous for small populations.

In short: Imagine what would happen if the Clown job could always be chosen; like the Staff Assistant.
Vitatroll Wrote:It's one of those things people are particular about. One of those things that draws "You've activated my trap card!"-level meme-nopes.

I don't dislike furries. They can do whatever they want in their own spaces just like the rest of us. It's just that furries and furry-likes tend to have a Marcus-level obsession with their hobby and take it even further, generally insisting on others to play by their rules. Now I know the word 'furry' is strong for something that might be as innocuous as a talking space-butt but, trust me, somebody, sometime, will take it faaar to serious. What's worse is that kind of obsession tends to be viral, especially among the local population of trolls that love screwing with weak-nerved people. Not to mention the actual prejudice and division of players into groups which is disastrous for small populations.

In short: Imagine what would happen if the Clown job could always be chosen; like the Staff Assistant.
Firstly, I don't see the OP saying we should have furries. Drop that shit right now, Jesus fucking Christ, this shit only becomes about that if awful people make it about that.

Secondly, somebody will always take everything far too serious, but guess what? Mods. Mods exist to MODERATE things. If somebody breaks a rule it gets dealt with, you can't say something is a bad idea on the merit that it could be used to break the rules, or maybe we should take away the captain's laser gun or security's stun weapons? Those can easily be used to break rules. Oh, and needlessly taking a shot at Marcus, somebody who, if I recall, has improved their attitude as of recently? Ya, nice one man. Real cool.

Thirdly, the clown job can always be chosen, unless it was changed recently, or unless you mean like how there's no max limit to staff assistants, however that's a poor point as a round can have infinite skeletons or infinite roach people, it just requires chems or geneticists.

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:other stations have shit like furries, tree people, birds, and other stupid crap, but goonstation should have unique playable races...like a race of living space butts.

"Here's an idea... and now I have ruined it." You will appeal to nobody, at least nobody who could possibly make this idea happen, by continuing to fetishize (non-sexual usage of the term) asses, farts, and shit.

To add something of my own thoughts, I've always wondered why starting as a skeleton or bug man or lizard guy was never a trait you could have. Some may say it'd take away the appeal but I'm curious as to how much appeal really exists considering you have to coax a geneticist into giving a shit about something other than superpowers for a few seconds, which is a Herculean task most of the time. Also apologies if this already exists as part of the whole trait system, I haven't looked at that list in a while, and this thread leads me to believe otherwise.
This thread seems like a good way to get people to yell at each other. Also, I learned how to move topics! Woo!