Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randomize non-medical chem recipes every round
make only medical chem recipes random imo
A better idea than the OP's:

Add bottles to chemistry containing "unidentified isomer #1" through "unidentified isomer #6" containing like 50 units of each. Each is chemically (same effects on ingest, touch, bloodstream, etc) and physically (same colour) identical to a different chemical in the game (possibly drawn from the centcomm icecream list?) but with a different name and a moderately unhelpful analysis entry along the lines of "An unidentified isomer with properties identical to that of some other chemical." Chemists can experiment via reactions, heating, etc. to identify the unknown chemicals. If they succeed, they have however much is left for use in reactions which involve that chemical or just on its own if it's something independently useful like booster enzymes or pure love.
Grek Wrote:A better idea than the OP's:

Add bottles to chemistry containing "unidentified isomer #1" through "unidentified isomer #6" containing like 50 units of each. Each is chemically (same effects on ingest, touch, bloodstream, etc) and physically (same colour) identical to a different chemical in the game (possibly drawn from the centcomm icecream list?) but with a different name and a moderately unhelpful analysis entry along the lines of "An unidentified isomer with properties identical to that of some other chemical." Chemists can experiment via reactions, heating, etc. to identify the unknown chemicals. If they succeed, they have however much is left for use in reactions which involve that chemical or just on its own if it's something independently useful like booster enzymes or pure love.
Really, it's very much in the Nanotrasen spirit of half assing things that they'd send a bunch of bottles to save the $0.30 on adhesive labels.
Making medical chems random is a perfect way of making people make even less of them. confused
Also it could end up fucking you over if you're making something.
e.g: you're trying to make cyanide and end up with silver sulfadiazine (or something)
Carlarc Wrote:Making medical chems random is a perfect way of making people make even less of them. confused
Also it could end up fucking you over if you're making something.
e.g: you're trying to make cyanide and end up with silver sulfadiazine (or something)

the idea was that all chems OTHER than medical chems get randomized

so silver sulfadiazine would have a static recipe while cyanide would not

I like this! It gives diligent chemists the ability to possibly play with some extremely fun chemicals that they wouldn't be able to acquire normally, and puts a bit more experimentation into the laboratory.

However, I would like to point out that not very many chemicals in the game share the same color, so perhaps making the isomer grey or black or some other non-indicative color would work better.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:

I like this! It gives diligent chemists the ability to possibly play with some extremely fun chemicals that they wouldn't be able to acquire normally, and puts a bit more experimentation into the laboratory.

However, I would like to point out that not very many chemicals in the game share the same color, so perhaps making the isomer grey or black or some other non-indicative color would work better.

I like this idea

I would play "What happens when I drink this" every round I was a scientist.
Now I've only read the first page and I just got to say. Holy hell Berrik I think this is the worst idea you every had and that's saying something.
atomic1fire Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:

I like this idea

I would play "What happens when I drink this" every round I was a scientist.
Yes, this is what I was trying to get at earlier, explained better.
If someone has a better idea than the OPs feel free to create a thread for it.