Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No placing tiles on lattice in Adventure Zone
Earlier I attempted to place tiles on some lattice and instead the lattice just disappeared and became the tile below it (deep abyss) and yes, I tested if its just not appearing and yes, I fell down down down. This makes it impossible to obtain a few key items of interest.
If this is one of the places I'm thinking about there's a way around it using a certain item you find - somewhere -
a teleport handheld artifact would probably be a sweet find, but i thought i was real fucking clever when i first figure out that tiles on lattice shit
misto Wrote:a teleport handheld artifact would probably be a sweet find, but i thought i was real fucking clever when i first figure out that tiles on lattice shit

Those actually don't work on the adventure zone z-level!
Actually, handheld teleport artifacts do not work on unsimulated tiles anymore (they used to). The reason for why you cannot place tiles on lattices is actually very simple: there's a hard fix that you cannot convert unsimulated tiles into simulated tiles through any means at all.

The tile that the lattice is found on is considered unsimulated, and as a result when placing tiles on it, it simply doesn't work. This problem is thus also found on the Lava Moon, although it's not necessary for you to do. This fix is fairly recent and was done by Marquesas in order to deal with a few general exploits that allowed you to skip through puzzles.

This was an unintended side effect of that fix, so this is a valid concern.
yea, can confirm that this is still happening