Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GENETICS: Stored chromosomed genes can't be used
If you use a chromosome on a gene and store it, you can't create an injector with it, or inject it into an occupant, both of which sound a lot like bugs given the existence of the chromosome that removes the message from getting a gene implanted. We should be able to make injectors and used stored modified genes on people.
Could you rephrase this? I'm having trouble understanding the issue.
Sorry. I wrote that really late at night, and its a total mess.

Anyway. If you apply a chromosome to an activated gene, and then store it in the genetics machine using the mutation storage upgrade, you can't give it to anyone else or make an injector. If you try adding it to the occupant, it throws an error. The same goes for trying to make an injector with it.

Adding chromosomes to mutations already active in someone works fine. However, you can't store modified mutations and add them to someone else.

This sounds like a bug, given that one of the chromosomes says that it'll remove the messages associated with gaining gene you splice it into.
Actually, adding mutations to occupants in general is broken.

It doesn't work at all no matter the gene.
Just put through a fix for this. Was a case of inverted logic. Please confirm/report that it works now.
Serious bug: now every time I try and look at the potential or active genes of anyone in the scanner, I get an error message.

[Image: 9d1a8927ca.png]
smith considering suicide
Put a fix through for that issue too.