Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implement More BBCode for Paper
Currently, my bureaucratic hellhole (the Customs Desk) is woefully under-realized because there's almost no formatting available on paper. Other stations have tons of formatting options (including FIELD, which solves the problem of making blanks too small or having weird underscores left over after the text) and centering/layout options.

Also, does the SIGN code actually do anything other than put your name in? It should probably be in a unique font so that people know you actually SIGNed it rather than just someone wrote your name on the paper.
You can type underscores to make a field for people to click on. What's SIGN and how do you do it?
Dabir Wrote:You can type underscores to make a field for people to click on. What's SIGN and how do you do it?

The problem with that is that it looks terrible. The field is one character/underscore, and extra underscores just hang off at the end.

SIGN just places your name on the paper, but it's pointless. It's indistinguishable from you having just written your name on. It's
Code:
[sign].
I think the fields we have now are fine, it's paper after all, there should be extra length left over. Otherwise the rest of the contents would shift and rearrange if you put really long answers in them. But yeah, more things would be good. Bolding and itallics and stuff.
CameronWoof Wrote:
Dabir Wrote:You can type underscores to make a field for people to click on. What's SIGN and how do you do it?

The problem with that is that it looks terrible. The field is one character/underscore, and extra underscores just hang off at the end.

SIGN just places your name on the paper, but it's pointless. It's indistinguishable from you having just written your name on. It's
Code:
[sign].
And now I'm reading the guide to writing since I didn't know about any of this.

A fancy font sounds nice for signatures. Does using sign while in disguise give your real name, or just whatever name your sprite currently has? If it's the latter, it would be kinda interesting to give certain roles a unique signature font. Doctors could be more scibbly, the clown could be very childish, the captain very proper. You'd have to take a close look at official documents.
Using [sign] used to actually make it show up in cursive, but it doesn't do that anymore for some reason????
There's a guide to writing?

There's bold and italics already in the game?
Dabir Wrote:There's a guide to writing?

There's bold and italics already in the game?

Yeah.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Guide_to_writing