Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give the "weird machine" critter some importance.
So, remember this littler guy? [Image: weirdmachine.png]

Anyways, I want some kind of idea for what he is. I think the bot should be called a Scuttlebot, they could be like the Syndicate versions of Robuddies. And there would be several types.
  • Sentry: The types you see on the Z-drone, standard sentry model, armed to the teeth with energy lasers
    Engineer: Does repairs and maintenance, also can build walls and floors
    Medical: Heals the sick and injured, filled with helpful fluids and stuff.
    Advertiser: Spews ads all over the place. Nuff said.
    Scuttlebuddy 3000: A cheap counterfeit combination between a PR-6 Robuddy and a Scuttlebot MK. 3. Does nothing but wander around and shoots sparks.
    Tourbot: Friendly Scuttlebot that gives tours to Syndicate locations.
    Scrubber: Keeps the locations polished to a mirror sheen.
More weird machines!
I get the idea, but what would their purpose be other than just being off brand station bots?
Vunterslaush Wrote:I get the idea, but what would their purpose be other than just being off brand station bots?

They could be rewired to work for you.

Anyways, here's the construct recipe.

• Find a Scuttlebot Frame somewhere in space.
    Put in a Scuttlebot mainboard
    Put in a module board.
    Rewire the module if it is a sentry module
    Attach the robot arm.

It's much like making a Robuddy.
MORE things relating to this:
  • There is now a channel on TV where you may watch Scuttlebots and Robuddies wander about.
    Robuddies and Scuttlebots do not mind each other.
    On chance of getting a high-security crate, there may be Scuttlebot parts, as well as additional Guardbuddy parts.
    Scuttlebots will blow apart, much like other bots, when killed.
    You can also name Scuttlebots before they are done, just name the mainboard what you would like with a pen.

There are also new Scuttlebot types I will be listing.
  • PR-6 Scuttlebuddy : A more professional combination, made by putting a Guardbuddy mainboard and modules into the Scuttlebot shell
    Deputy Scuttle: Bot-Of-The-Law on-board the Communications Outpost. Comes with flashing red and blue emergency lights, stunners, and handcuffs. Also a massive jerk to geese.
    Scuttlesec 3000: Variant of the horrid Scuttlebuddy 3000, made from a Heavily damaged PR-5 Secbuddy and a MK.1 Scuttlebot Sentry. Extremely aggressive, will fire energy bolts at anyone who comes near.
    ScuttleGuard: Old variant of the Scuttlebot MK. 3, most of them have been degraded, much like the Secbuddies. They will fire bullets at anyone who comes close.
    ScuttleLamp: An old MK. 2 Scuttlebot converted into a following lamp, useful during power outages, or blowouts.
    ScuttleBrain: Made by attaching a brain assembly onto a Scuttlebot. It can basically control the Scuttlebot, except for its weapons.