Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get rid of workbenches, bring back fabricators
Seriously. Workbenches have a worse interface than a fabricator and they make less shit on top of that. To add insult to injury, there's not even workbenches in all the same places as fabricators were.
That fucking bird
workbenches are way cooler though. down with the fabricators.
I used fabricators way more than I do workbenchs. They were just a lot friendlier to use since you could just shove all the junk in instead of figuring out where to drop it for easy reach while this overlay blocks your view.
Thread about a work-in-progress. Maybe this thread needs some extra time on the back burner as well?
I can't say as I've noticed any changes to workbenches for a long time.
I didn't even know workbenches existed until somewhat recently.
Bring back reagent infusions 2015
I memorized the recipe for heavy armor, but I dunno what everything else did.

I do have one idea though.

For half the rods, you should be able to make a bullet proof vest with an armor plate, less protection then heavy armor but also less movement restriction.

Also more build-able ghetto things using the workbench would be nice.

The biggest thing is that half the workbench items don't really have a clear use yet.

If we could get some documentation/new recipes that make things like tripods or gears more useful, people would spend more time with the workbench but since it's basically on the backburner it's kind of ignored.
imo, expand the workbench to include every crude/ghetto weapon item ever suggested, including but not limited to:

1) flamethrowers
2) spears
3) bow
4) crude assistant armor made of floor tiles
5) fork tasers
6) pill press
7) metal sheet scimitar
8) binding your own books
9) etc