Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Space Suits.
Whenever I play a round, sec or not. I like having my toolbelt, a oxygen backpack and my space suit. I prefer the Engineering space suit over the normal grey ones (Built in flashlight, doesn't slow you down nearly as much)

So as a suggestion, I was wondering if it was possible for security to have their own space suits based off of the engineering suits. Basically it would be Grey with red stripes on the arms instead of orange. Red visor on the helm but light grey for the main helm. (Syndicate suits are Dark grey helms with deep red visors and full red space suits) The space suits probably could/should have a armor vests over the chest (Or you could combine your armor vest to the space suit increasing it's defense to guns/lasers) The helm should still have the flashlight. Also I think other departments could have a suit like this suit as well (Like 2 for science with purple arm stripes, used for Telesci or art lab exploration)
Silvercloud29 Wrote:Whenever I play a round, sec or not. I like having my toolbelt, a oxygen backpack and my space suit. I prefer the Engineering space suit over the normal grey ones (Built in flashlight, doesn't slow you down nearly as much)

So as a suggestion, I was wondering if it was possible for security to have their own space suits based off of the engineering suits. Basically it would be Grey with red stripes on the arms instead of orange. Red visor on the helm but light grey for the main helm. (Syndicate suits are Dark grey helms with deep red visors and full red space suits) The space suits probably could/should have a armor vests over the chest (Or you could combine your armor vest to the space suit increasing it's defense to guns/lasers) The helm should still have the flashlight. Also I think other departments could have a suit like this suit as well (Like 2 for science with purple arm stripes, used for Telesci or art lab exploration)
I can only see powergaming and metagaming coming out of this, there is no good reason for security, short of syndicate and changeling hunting (you should NOT be doing this anyway), to be out in space, if you are in space for any other reason, you are either part of an expedition or are just fucking off, in which case you do not need a militarized space suit... All in all, I really don't see a reason for this, especially since many traders carry fabric and filibrith aint hard to come by, and once you get about 5 fabric per suit.
Security has access restrictions on them to keep them from going everywhere for a reason.
There is a reason most jobs don't start with space suits.
There is also a reason why, with the singular exception of miners by way of going into space being their job, all space suits on board the station from the start of a round are locked down to command-access only.
give them "space suits" that are actually made of cardboard but look exactly as you described. Solely for looking cool, nonfunctional.

Alternatively, this would be a cool skin! I'd like to see a team of cops in space suits looking awesome.

But no, security doesn't have space suits for a reason.
No.
Just for the record, I don't normally grab a spacesuit as sec until there is holes in the station (Which happens quite often)

If no to the space suit, could we at least give sec a belt that can hold tools and their items? (Stun baton, taser gun, handcuffs and/or tools?)
Sec fanny packs