Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server gets laggy when holes are dug
When you dig some holes in the bio dome the server will become more and more laggy to the point where it will crash. This reeeeeeeally needs to be fixed
Wait, just when the holes are dug? We've been blaming this on the syndie sat crash, but we've never been able to track down WHY the lag's been happening.

Any further details you guys can give us about this would be a big help. Does it happen when only the holes are dug, but not when the sat is called?
I can confirm this. I one time was exploring the grave yard checking if there was any other good up goodies and noticed that the server started to get really laggy and crash and I remember I did not use the satellite receiver either
Yeah about 6 holes will make the shuttle appear when the timer is on t-0:14 and eventually it can make it crash in a slow painful death. Someone though it might be atmospherics calculations (but I don't think atmos really does anything on z2.)
So we managed to identify the problem, which was unrelated to digging, apparently a related loop had an NP-hilarious computational complexity and brilliant branching model.

Basically, it was bad.

And now it's still not particularly good.

But it's not bad.