Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make thrown knives stick
Make thrown knives stick inside the victim and have to be removed.
Can the victim remove them and toss them back, though?
You shouldn't remove knives when they're stuck inside you unless they're obstructing your airway or stuck in your chest and you go into cardiac arrest.
When has "You shouldn't do X" ever stopped anyone on goon ever? Help intent on self while targeting chest with an empty hand, could make a check, something like

if (target(knifeInChest) == true)
{player.get(item.knife); target(knifeInChest) = false;}
else{target(helpUp);}

Or however the hell Byond code works, I haven't coded at all in a year so that's probably really bad anyways. Whatever.

Last second update: Just realized that would set knives in chest to zero even if there are multiple, so it'd have to check for => 0 but I'm too lazy to change it.
i like this idea for the virtue of being able to make people into walking pincushions
Pretty neat idea. I like ideas that give staff assistants the ability to become Discount Dan ninjas.
I just said that because sudden removal tends to cause lots of blood loss.
I think giving knives the ability to stick into people might stray a bit far.

For instance if removing them without using a brute patch is a bad idea, then everyone will just throw knives at each other and then use that to cause bleedouts.

Choking seems already kind of overpowered for what it is. Once they have access to your neck and can hold it long enough, you pass out and are screwed unless someone can rescue you.

Plus what about the butcher knife.

That said despite my hesitations I think more improvised weapons like shivs, throwing knives, spears and whatever else the crew can come up with, are always good.

Although I may just be saying that so that whenever I feel like going owlman vigilante I can make gadgets for a utility belt.

On that note Cream Pie is a surprisingly effective gadget.
Amuys Wrote:I just said that because sudden removal tends to cause lots of blood loss.

Considering that bottle shanks cause bleeding, removing one when not on an operating table could cause bleeding for 20 brute over a period of time.
atomic1fire Wrote:On that note Cream Pie is a surprisingly effective gadget.

Stun baton pie man.
watch, this is going to become the new staple gun and you won't be able to set foot in the bar without some jerk throwing knives at you In other words yes plese;