Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking Cigarettes
Smoking cigarettes seems to make your character always violently shake. I assume this is intended to be an effect of nicotine withdrawal, but it happens even WHILE you're smoking. You could smoke an entire pack and still be shaking like a madman.
And non-nicotine cigarettes make you cough a lot. Presumably they also make you shake, too, because that just seems to be something cigarettes do in general, going by Propuffs.
Crumplehat Wrote:And non-nicotine cigarettes make you cough a lot. Presumably they also make you shake, too, because that just seems to be something cigarettes do in general, going by Propuffs.

Smoking cancer causing cigs in a confined space with i am guessing little Filtering?...I got to say you got what you deserve you bastard.( I hate idiots who think they can smoke cigs anywhere they want because it merica....don't ruin my lifespan for your addiction!)
As someone who chain smokes in the game; this is constantly an issue.

I'd like it to be the case that while smoking you don't get the shakes. Withdrawal should begin a few minutes real time after smoking if you have a nicotine addiction. Just my thoughts.
pizzatiger Wrote:
Crumplehat Wrote:And non-nicotine cigarettes make you cough a lot. Presumably they also make you shake, too, because that just seems to be something cigarettes do in general, going by Propuffs.

Smoking cancer causing cigs in a confined space with i am guessing little Filtering?...I got to say you got what you deserve you bastard.( I hate idiots who think they can smoke cigs anywhere they want because it merica....don't ruin my lifespan for your addiction!)

Hi there, seems you don't know how to read too well, friend. See, what I said in my post was that this issue ALSO comes up from cigarettes that don't actually have nicotine in them in the first place! You also get the same jittery nonsense just from eating eggplants, which is kind of annoying, since you're neither smoking nor inhaling these naturally occurring plants. The jittering comes not from cancer (which, like AIDS, is presumably still a disease one can get in SS13 even though there's no direct way to acquire it anymore), but from the nicotine addiction, so you can understand why it's a problem when you're still actively taking the thing that you're addicted to and not suffering from from withdrawl.
Crumplehat Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:

Hi there, seems you don't know how to read too well, friend. See, what I said in my post was that this issue ALSO comes up from cigarettes that don't actually have nicotine in them in the first place! You also get the same jittery nonsense just from eating eggplants, which is kind of annoying, since you're neither smoking nor inhaling these naturally occurring plants. The jittering comes not from cancer (which, like AIDS, is presumably still a disease one can get in SS13 even though there's no direct way to acquire it anymore), but from the nicotine addiction, so you can understand why it's a problem when you're still actively taking the thing that you're addicted to and not suffering from from withdrawl.

Most of that was an joke(Except for the hating on smokers but i am tempted to say this isn't a bug.....If your addictid to something and you have it alot your plesure receptors go off one by one....Meaning you need more of the adictive substance to get addictied. Sooner or later it means you got to have your drug 224/7 ever second or you suffer withrawls
Walrus Wrote:[...] it happens even WHILE you're smoking. You could smoke an entire pack and still be shaking like a madman.
Basically, the nicotine shakes are just a symptom of the actual chemical nicotine and not a symptom of the withdrawl, as one would logically assume. This makes not only smoking but eating eggplants into an aggravating and pointless activity, because it makes you twitch like a fiend, and it makes playing the Detective 90% unfun.
Crumplehat Wrote:Basically, the nicotine shakes are just a symptom of the actual chemical nicotine and not a symptom of the withdrawl, as one would logically assume. This makes not only smoking but eating eggplants into an aggravating and pointless activity, because it makes you twitch like a fiend, and it makes playing the Detective 90% unfun.

And to boot they take up the ever-needed gas mask/BREFF MASK slot so really there should be no downside imo big grin
Give detective A gasmask that can fit a Cigarette into .
Let Botany's fabricator make gasmask bongs. They are a thing that exists.
Archenteron Wrote:Let Botany's fabricator make gasmask bongs. They are a thing that exists.

My brother has one of those.
Bug was fixed.