Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand Teleporter Portals Broken
Twice now, I have gone through a hand teleporter portal, misfired into space (as per usual), and then been unable to open and re-enter a portal via throwing stuff or using a fire extinguisher. I'd open the portal, jet away, jet back, and be unable to enter the portal. The first time, I was a Captain and thought it was something related to my armor or the disk or my shoes functioning as magboots and keeping me still, but the second time (tonight), I was the RD and had nothing that would seem to have fucked with my portal-using.

Please fix this (or remove the misfire chance for non-random hand portals)
Ok I talked to Hull earlier today/yesterday and he couldn't reproduce this, so I went back and tested it again, and found something: The hand teleporter portals don't work if the main teleporter station is inactive. You used to be able to teleport to a location if the computer was set to it but the main portal wasn't turned on.

...Despite this, I was able to somehow enter a portal that was inactive and fall into space, but unable to go back through it (Using a jetpack to guarentee movement, this time)
Addendum: Main portal was then turned on and the hand tele portal proceeded to teleport to the same region of space three times then stop letting me go through if I spawned new ones. This may be a bug solely related to setting the hand tele to Science Teleporter, even when I moved the teleporter beacon into an open hallway. When someone switched the portal to another location, I was able to go through the portal without issue
Addendum to the addendum: Apparently setting the computer to "Science Teleporter" just makes the thing shit itself and not work. The Science Teleporter destination remains pickable even after moving the beacons out of the room.
Archenteron Wrote:Addendum to the addendum: Apparently setting the computer to "Science Teleporter" just makes the thing shit itself and not work. The Science Teleporter destination remains pickable even after moving the beacons out of the room.

There is a teleport beacon in that adventure crate and you cannot teleport into that crate until someone opens it. I should probably fix that.
Perhaps also rename that beacon/room location to Telescience to prevent confusion between it and the Teleporter room?