Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change earliest shuttle call time to 20 instead of 10.
Because as it is now any time anyone sees a threat they just call the shuttle and oops round over nothing you can do.
Honestly, I never see this issue.

And usually, the only time the shuttle is called that early is when the threat justifies the action.
20 minutes is far too long
Idea: bring back the traitor objective to call the shuttle before 45 minutes.

People used to fix the station and try to ward off threats in order to make it past the 32 minute mark out of spite, and while I think that's slightly metagamey + silly it did lead to a lot more fun on donut 2 as engineer.

We used to patrol the donut and fix breaches regularly and quickly because it had a great fire alarm breach containment system and a reason to try to tough it out
I remember the good ol' days of barricading myself in the bridge to fight off people trying to recall the shuttle. Then making a hasty retreat through a planed hidden door or a disposal pipe you took apart to escape through the chute.
And yeah the objective was good to prolong rounds. I hated it when people call the shuttle for a meteor shower. The aftermath is the most fun of the round.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Idea: bring back the traitor objective to call the shuttle before 45 minutes.

People used to fix the station and try to ward off threats in order to make it past the 32 minute mark out of spite, and while I think that's slightly metagamey + silly it did lead to a lot more fun on donut 2 as engineer.

We used to patrol the donut and fix breaches regularly and quickly because it had a great fire alarm breach containment system and a reason to try to tough it out

Yes.
I always thought instead of getting rid of that objective altogether, we could bring in reverse objective where one traitor could potentially have
"Ensure that shuttle arrives after X amount" in which he would prolong a round to a certain time. It'd be around 45 minutes too.

There's a 1 catch, this objective only occurs if there another traitor on board who has the opposite (i.e: before 45) objective.
This way you have this instant rivalry , and a bunch of plotting on not only what one would have to do to make the shuttle arrive early, but how they would stop to shuttle from arriving early. Could be interesting?
Calling the shuttle should automatically suspend the payroll
mozi Wrote:Calling the shuttle should automatically suspend the payroll

I don't think so.

You're trying to tell me I shouldn't get paid to abandon the station?
You don't get paid for COWARDICE.
Tbh I think 20 minutes is too long. I have seen rounds where the station becomes completely uninhabitable within 5 minutes. having to stick out for another 15 minutes would just make things worse.