Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small suggestion for hyposprays
I think it'd be handy if a medic could look at the hypo and see a small description of what the meds in it do. I tend to fill the hypo's in medbay with ten units of perfluerodecalin (sp?), ten saline-gluc, and ten epinephrine and set them to ten unit injects, but I often see medics won't use them because they have no clue what perf does, and panic when they inject it and people gasp. I can educate as I go, sure, but it's nice to be able to leave meds in hypos for doctors and go about my way. That and it would just be a handy tool I think
RandyArcher Wrote:I think it'd be handy if a medic could look at the hypo and see a small description of what the meds in it do. I tend to fill the hypo's in medbay with ten units of perfluerodecalin (sp?), ten saline-gluc, and ten epinephrine and set them to ten unit injects, but I often see medics won't use them because they have no clue what perf does, and panic when they inject it and people gasp. I can educate as I go, sure, but it's nice to be able to leave meds in hypos for doctors and go about my way. That and it would just be a handy tool I think
Just point them to Perfluorodecalin in the the chemistry section of the wiki, show them the ingame medical book, or show them the chem-master machine.
In short, things you can't do while you are absent. Idea being that you can leave medicine in hyposprays and they can look at it and know what it does.
If they don't know what the chems do, then they're shitty doctors and their punishment is not using the good medicine.

Doesn't seem to be a problem to me.
Just leave beakers around and let doctors decide for themselves what mix they want and how they want to administer it. I know exactly what perfluorodecalin does and if I saw your pre-filled hypo sitting on the floor I'd ignore it too - I'm not a big fan of the precise mix you use, and I'd greatly prefer if you gave me an empty hypospray, those three chemicals in separate beakers, and a CheMaster so I could whip up my meds the way I like to give them.
I like the idea where MDs get to pick what medicine they use as opposed to someone pre-filling hypos with stuff.

I also second the notion that if you don't want to inject someone with a scary-sounding chemical because you don't know what it does, then you should read up on it yourself, especially since it being in a hypospray already guarantees that it's harmless.
Yeah that is great except chemists who make the good medicines see the bottles just lying on the ground and say fuck it back to hell foams for now on.
RandyArcher Wrote:Yeah that is great except chemists who make the good medicines see the bottles just lying on the ground and say fuck it back to hell foams for now on.
Sure, but how's that different from seeing filled hyposprays just lying on the ground? Besides, I've seen you close the chem shutters without saying a word, just to keep doctors from coming in and making medicines on unoccupied machines.
No thank you, malpractice is funny