Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelings and prey reagent absorption
I've noticed, after several unfortunate incidents, that changelings, upon ingesting those of us who opt to consume narcotics in quantities capable of ODing the entire station, that these lings suffer no side effects from doing so. You'd think that sucking all of the fluids out of someone who has more methamphetamine than blood would have some kind of effect, or eating that person who just convulsed himself to death also might cause at least short term issues. So therefore I propose that lings should have some level of transfer of chemicals from prey to themselves upon killing them, which also might make the "eat all the pills" strategy a viable anti ling one, as it also would make lings have to actually pick prey that isn't self incapacitated.
This sounds pretty fun, and if people are worried this might create a culture of always-carry-a-cyanide-pill or similar shittery, I guess a -10 DNA option to flush your system might be a cool counterpart too
Changelings absorb humanoid DNA, not blood, so it makes sense.

also since this is a video game anyways, and the opportunity for not having fun with this exceeds acceptable levels, pls no.
Shoddy Wrote:Changelings absorb humanoid DNA, not blood, so it makes sense.

also since this is a video game anyways, and the opportunity for not having fun with this exceeds acceptable levels, pls no.
They absorb humanoid DNA through absorbing all fluids, hence why the corpses are all dried husks... Also this could have fun usages due to the fact that half the crew is high on meth or weed at any given time, and a ling hallucinating would be hillarious, also with how ling attacks go cyanide is often not a viable strategy nor would most people do it (also if you know you're ingesting poison its not that hard to plan ahead and get copious amounts of antitoxin or calomel around)
You'd still end up drinking a sizable quantity of neurotoxin as part of your standard fare.

This is the kinda idea that seems funny in theory but is actually going to end up being pretty lame in practise.