Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelings
Being skilled is not the problem, it is exploits and bugs.

Also the recent changes to abomination mode IMO have made it significantly weaker.
This is a really small thing but it might be helpful if the 'CHANGELING has spat acid at ASSISTANT!' message came up when the changeling actually spits acid instead of only when the acid collides with its target.
The acid is a really slow-moving projectile on purpose, but it's hard to see sometimes until it's usually too late.
This is why i use nerutoxin on my victems instead of acid spit because it gives the victem a small warning of fucked up walking and drolling for them to realize what happened and Have help come making it more intresting for everyone....Plus it saves acid spit for when i am caught with my pants down
MyBlueCorners Wrote:This is a really small thing but it might be helpful if the 'CHANGELING has spat acid at ASSISTANT!' message came up when the changeling actually spits acid instead of only when the acid collides with its target.
The acid is a really slow-moving projectile on purpose, but it's hard to see sometimes until it's usually too late.
I agree with this. I've always thought it was funny it only shows the message when it hits someone. I mean one time I was in genetics and a changeling spat at me and the spit was just sorta stuck on one side of the table and I was on the other. Me and the changeling just stared at each other till it disappeared and then we both laughed about it. Of course it goes without saying that he had already neurotoxin stung me but it was still funny.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:This is a really small thing but it might be helpful if the 'CHANGELING has spat acid at ASSISTANT!' message came up when the changeling actually spits acid instead of only when the acid collides with its target.

It wasn't always that way was it? I could have sworn it used to show the message when the changeling actually spit.
Admiral jimbob Wrote:hello excuse me i chased an abominable horror from beyond space and time into maintenance, and when it opened its mouth and revealed a horrible blackness born of a void beyond all things that should be, i tried to shoot it a bit, and when it lunged forward with its mortal flesh shedding to reveal an eldritch mass that sought only to consume all that was born in light, i punched it a few times and it didn't work. pls nerf
i dont actually have an opinion i just thought it was a funny post

I swear it used to do that, but for some reason it doesn't anymore.

Yeah, that would be REALLY helpful.
Yeah I thought it always used to be that way too.

At any rate, have you guys seriously not had rounds where the QM's order a shitload of laser guns the moment they hear about any kind of antagonist at all? God help you if you're a wizard. Fire is already a significant weakness to a changeling that nobody really seems to bother using (except when I'm a changeling, anyway). As has been said, maybe try not to kill the thing by yourself. A group of 3 with at least 1 flamethrower should be more than enough. Hell, bring a welder and a welding fuel tank.
Crumplehat Wrote:Yeah I thought it always used to be that way too.

At any rate, have you guys seriously not had rounds where the QM's order a shitload of laser guns the moment they hear about any kind of antagonist at all? God help you if you're a wizard. Fire is already a significant weakness to a changeling that nobody really seems to bother using (except when I'm a changeling, anyway). As has been said, maybe try not to kill the thing by yourself. A group of 3 with at least 1 flamethrower should be more than enough. Hell, bring a welder and a welding fuel tank.

Block up the QM cargo inlet belt erryday. Heh.