Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Segways prevent temperature damage.
If you go into space with a segway and a oxygen tank you can go into space unharmed. Unless the segways come with space heaters, I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Also if you flip in the segway you get this message:
You leap and slam your head against the inside of Space Segway! Ouch!
If you flip in the segway you should probably do something like:
"X does a front flip on the segway! Wow!
TheTrixRabitt Wrote:If you flip in the segway you should probably do something like:
"X does a front flip on the segway! Wow!

X does a flip right off the Segway! Wow!

With a chance for:
X flips right off the Segway and faceplants into the ground! What a doofus!
TheTrixRabitt Wrote:If you go into space with a segway and a oxygen tank you can go into space unharmed. Unless the segways come with space heaters, I'm pretty sure this is a bug.
This is a consequence of how segways are coded. A lot of vehicles are coded by putting you in "containers" and then moving the container around.

This isn't so much a bug so much as a long-standing "fuck it, just call it a feature". It's allowed people to jump the great divide of bomb/singularity holes on segways, a time-honored tradition.

It's fairly balanced, I think, because you can't turn unless you get off the segway and you're basically stuck wherever you land (god help you if the firedoors are closed on the other side of that gap).

That said, with lockers now no longer stopping temperature damage, this might have been intended to be fixed, but I think this bug has existed for so long that almost everyone already knows about it and it's just accepted as a thing that happens.
Actually you'd think this but the next thing you know you just fall over dead. I think it just prevents you from seeing the fact you're taking temperature damage.