Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea- an automated ID machine
HoP gone?
You need a non assistant ID?
Head over to the machine to get your ass an ID
The way this'd work is that the machine would log the jobs available (like how it is in when you're a late joiner, you see what jobs aren't filled up yet) and your average lowly assistant can go there and a job change, to a job that isn't filled up yet and doesn't have too much access and get rid out his bland ID (so an assistant can't leapfrog his way to a head position).
If all non assistant jobs are filled? You're beat, gonna need the HoP to help you out there.
I feel that this'd help out in rounds where the HoP goes MIA round start, might be a dumb idea but who knows if it'll get put in or not
I had a similar idea a while ago. (http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2619). The big reason why it was largely declined was because it made the HoP fairly useless.
The HOP needs a bigger department to keep him busy. Some kind of makework, burueacratic department full of assistants and lawyers ("I would like to remind all engineers that nanotrasen is not liable for any workplace injuries.") Their main job, just like a real hr department, would be to prevent anyone else form having fun and eventually get stripped and beaten to death while the HOP struts around feeling powerful.

Oh, and they'd also occupy the rarely-used journalist's office. And have some really shrill, irritable guardbuddies that yell at anyone who throws something, tries to hack a door, or plays a vuvuzela.

Then you can have your ID vender.
MedicInDisquise Wrote:I had a similar idea a while ago. (http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2619). The big reason why it was largely declined was because it made the HoP fairly useless.

He isn't already? If he weren't fairly iconic I'd say remove him completely and replace him with one of these machines.

You examine the ID Machine.
ID changes on the go! Someone has scrawled 'The HoP' on the side. Huh.
HoP doesn't need to be removed and replaced, that is just sheer laziness if done. It needs to be fleshed out, with money being a major benefactor in everything that he does.
There needs to be some sort of stock market that the HoP can work off of, basically I'd like to see the HoP act like some form of geneticist, not really moving his post because whatever's he's doing on the computer is interesting enough and benefits him/the station enough for him not to move.

It has been confirmed that ID's can be updated wirelessly, so the HoP can update people's access remotely. This should engross alot of things, and the HoP is in charge of this.