Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cat Behaviors and fishing.
Wink 
This adds new behaviors to cats both in their wild version and their tamed version.

Cat Behaviors
1. Cats will come in an untamed state and will actively wander, and hide from humans.
2. Cats wander around the station, and will attack small creatures out of a predatory behavior.
3. Cats will look for and steal meat or fish because of their predatory, and carnivore diet.
4. Cats will try to steal small, but shiny objects. This means gems, and potentially even telecrystals if they are in sight. The cat will then drag the shiny objects for a few minutes before dropping it, grabbed, or sleeping.
5. Cats occasionally fall asleep after eating, playing, or just wander around.

Tamed behaviors
1. Cats no longer run from humans.
2. Cats no longer steal shiny objects, but they can be offered to the cat to greatly raise it's affection.
3. Feeding cats and petting them also raises affection

Fishing Cats
1. Tamed Cats gain the ability to fish which it will be used randomly.
2. Cats slowly unlock the ability to fish at more locations as it fishes, and gains more affection. This means that at the beginning they can only fish through disposal bins, and puddles of water.
3. If left alone with a fish by itself for 1 minutes, it will eat the fish, and not raise affection.
this seems like a gigantic amount of very complicated AI to implement for a minor gain of seeing cats wander around and do things
I believe you mean Major gain of seeing cats wander around and do things.
I think a lot of these behaviors would be better as a general overhaul to critter AI, maybe monkeys too.

That being said, I think cats should roll the heck out of toilet paper. We need toilet roll code urgently!
I like this idea but I suggest that allow this cat to use the same AI as rat in kitchen to steal your food is more reasonable.too much complex AI might be hard to make a development. By the way I like your idea about tame critter.which I suggest very long ago so my question is how you gonna tame them?
(07-07-2024, 04:24 AM)meaow589 Wrote: I like this idea but I suggest that allow this cat to use the same AI as rat in kitchen to steal your food is more reasonable.too much complex AI might be hard to make a development. By the way I like your idea about tame critter.which I suggest very long ago so my question is how you gonna tame them?

I'd imagine you feed the cat, and get the little guy a cute cat bed.