Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
RP disease “Peptic ulcer”
Idea :PU (peptic ulcer)
Type : disease 
Mechanic :Peptic ulcer was the common disease the stomach or duodenum was inflammation.the cause of it has many factor but most commonly was taking NSAID like aspirin , second common is Drinking alcohol, and last one is Poor eating behavior.
Symptoms: the symptom was chest burn, abdominal pain and if left it untreated it can be more severe and make gastric perforate and make you hematemasis ( blood vomiting) . 
Game mechanic : the disease can happen to everyone if has some factor from it like alcohol,spamming eat aspirin without food,prolong starving. And the symptoms kick in which is just make annoying chat.then slowly progress.until it in the last stage “gastric perforate”  this stage will start hurt your health non stop mild bleeding from Hemathemasis and can induce shock.
treatment& Prevention : This disease can prevention easily by trying to not make your stomach empty (not prolong 0% hungry) ,not abuse aspirin use,  and stop drinking alcohol!. 
Treatment also easy one by use anti acid drug like omiprazole (which is not exist in game right now)
And in severe condition patient coming in gastric perforate stage should treat shock first then treat the cause of disease.

Note: the idea for RP disease to encourage people eat food more become important to game not just debuff. Also this is common disease that people should know and learn how to deal with it.which is good because you gonna learn real disease and how to treat it with real medicine.
No thank you.
I get you want to introduce more things for doctors to do...

but... if it's litterly to DETERMANTE THE PLAYER from doing BASIC THINGS.
You are ruining things.

For example... Soda's do not instantly give you pancraetis, you have to consume a lot in a lot of time.

You litterly are suggesting a thing of: "Alcohol" You mean the funny roleplay thing peolpe use to get drunk and have fun? You want to put a disease on getting hammered that already is called TOX damage and lose fo control and vormitting? No.

Prolong starving is a good one and eating aspirin without food... Uuhm you mean manitols right? And anyone no.

I think asipriin abuse doesn't even a thing in game.. so wtf? Even if.. WTF?! Don't make medicine have problems. And stop drinking alcohol? What is this AA? No.. alcohol already has tox damage and organ damage, we don't need more. Only the frigging Detective is immune to that stuff cause "Haha always drunk detective trope"
So the only one I agree with is "Starving / dehydration" but at the same time.. I do not need MORE motivation for eating and drinking.
Ow I’m gonna write AKI from dehydration soon this will make me stop writing that hehe
Please no. Hunger motives are enough, I don't see this doing any good for the game
(06-11-2024, 04:30 PM)Mordent Wrote: No thank you.