Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Traitor bomb attachement
So, every time that I am a traitor and scientist, my usual route is to try to take the station hostage by making bomb and placing them around. The thing is that those are way too easy to disarm, which remove some RP possibility because all of sec is just like FIND THE BOMB and they throw it out the airlock or dissemble them, that encourage players to just blow them up with a remote, removing any chance for sec to dispose of it. What I wish for is a Traitor buyable attachment that make the bombs act a little more like a cannister bomb: can’t be moved or disassembled instantly but has a timer that cannot be removed. It could cost a lot of point so it can’t be abused but still usable. Just picture this: After the traitor demands weren’t met, he decides to arm the TTV with that attachment that is placed at the middle of med bay, forcing sec to make a zone of security while someone armed with a wire cutter and fully suited up in a bomb proof armor try to guess the good wire to cut. This would add a lot! And I know that like I said earlier the cannister bomb can do it too, but the difference between a bomb that is sure to force people to call the shuttle and one that will just force people to keep away from one area for a bit is to consider
I mean with how ttvs work they could just throw away the tanks in time, best you can really do is glue the thing to the floor

I dont like this idea since there are plenty of ways to make an explosive harder to disarm and with the severity of the explosion, I think it should be difficult as it is to pull off
I would "technically" not mind a bomb attachement that the traitor can "code" in.

So you put down a bomb, attach it, bolt it down to the ground and arm it.
If it gets unbolted, it goes boom.
As for disarming the bomb... only the traitor knows wich wire to cut. Cut the wrong one and it goes boom.

This is what we need more then making bigger bombs.
I very support this idea. 
Many bomb that involve toxin use knowledge and experiment to make and it take time to do.just to get 2 click for disable it. Which is unfair for me.and end up trying to hide it by use briefcase valve instead.
But another bomb which reasonable to defuse like canister bomb.is fair but need more effort than TTV to finish it.
I love the hostage gimmick and already done before.
And sure I want more kind of assemble to increase how creative we are and make security try to put some effort on our precious bomb which try so hard to assemble it.
Or it could be a different item altogether, instead of an attachment. Something like a “Heavy duty tank transfer valve” that can be welder/bolted to the floor and customized similarly to canbombs (extra wires, note on paper, maybe welding a camera helmet to the valve so traitors could watch). I think 6-8 TC would be a fair price.
(05-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Chasu Wrote: Or it could be a different item altogether, instead of an attachment. Something like a “Heavy duty tank transfer valve” that can be welder/bolted to the floor and customized similarly to canbombs (extra wires, note on paper, maybe welding a camera helmet to the valve so traitors could watch). I think 6-8 TC would be a fair price.

support this idea so bomber can hide tank iin backpack and when want to plant just use PDA to get a valve which is better than walk in the hallway show everyone we have valve for the bomb. however 6-8 TC compare to 600 credit for breifcase valve will make people morediscussible about it.
(05-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Chasu Wrote: Or it could be a different item altogether, instead of an attachment. Something like a “Heavy duty tank transfer valve” that can be welder/bolted to the floor and customized similarly to canbombs (extra wires, note on paper, maybe welding a camera helmet to the valve so traitors could watch). I think 6-8 TC would be a fair price.
That's a nice idea, I like it!