Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[idea] record tool (camera , sound tape )Expantion module for AI
Some time AI have see people do antag stuff and can’t prove them to security. So my suggestion is had Expansion module and make AI can take a picture or record sound. The mechanic may be like how AI use emote.
How to obtain this might be questionable more may be it can build by robotic and engineer?. Buy it from NPC? Or allow some some job like HoS has it?
By the way there is very big problem can happen if this happen.
-Ruined the round of antag who trying to stealth.and make antag really hard work if they want to stealth.
Cool iea for taking pictures, can think of some gimmicks and such with it.

Kinda bad reasoning, if security dosn't trust the AI then it's their job to check laws or get someone else to check laws, and so long as the law rack is fine then the AI is trustworthy.

Personally I don't think that it needs an upgrade module, since I doubt it would be used in anything more than gimmicks and such.
This is an actual good idea, but it needs a long cool down.
(05-09-2024, 11:17 AM)Kotlol Wrote: This is an actual good idea, but it needs a long cool down.

Thank
Neat idea, but it wouldn't work with the way photos are right now. Sure, you can see a person holding an item, but it is just a blurry 1 tile picture. If photos could capture more, like a 3x3 or 5x5 square, this could work out
While i like this for the potential funny pictures that could come out of it, i don't really like when AI's keep tabs on all the antagonists and tell security about what they're doing. A camera module would (in my eyes) encourage AI's to take on more of an invisible detective playstyle, which from my experience, is not fun for the antagonists.

As AI I like to supersleuth the antagonists, but only to withhold that information and get a beautiful view of the carnage thats to come.
(05-12-2024, 07:41 PM)NanoDano Wrote: While i like this for the potential funny pictures that could come out of it, i don't really like when AI's keep tabs on all the antagonists and tell security about what they're doing. A camera module would (in my eyes) encourage AI's to take on more of an invisible detective playstyle, which from my experience, is not fun for the antagonists.

As AI I like to supersleuth the antagonists, but only to withhold that information and get a beautiful view of the carnage thats to come.

yeah i already ware of effective for antag becasue it make antag life harder which is why we should disscussioin more about how to not make it so affect to antag for example make long cooldown? make it hard to obtain? hard to use?