Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Space Law rewrite
Quote:Most of it looks good but I am not a fan of the section about mind control [...]
Whilst I do agree that it, from a point, might seem odd, I also believe that it wouldn't be fair to blame a person (and subsequently brig them) just because some randome staffie ran up to them, clicked them once, gave them a TTV and told to run into medbay and explode it. Please let me know if keeping it as is, is a dealbreaker for you.

Quote:I'd also personally think it's funny to add something relevant to clown crimes.

Agreed, I'll work on that.

Quote:I'm personally not a fan of the opening and conclusion sections.
I'll rewrite them partially to be less OOC.

Quote:Trolling and the such.
I'll add a bit more to the end about trolling and the such, but since it's a text primarly designed for RP purposes, it won't be able to encompass the whole thing, though I willl try.

Quote:Capital punishment.
The point of the sections is really for security to be able to remove a salvager or wizard for simply existing without killing them, but not to exile a stoaway for the same reasons, and ocasionnaly let salvagers to camouflage as stoaways. If someone (a changeling) was to murder multiple people, then the second paragraph applies, about commiting multiple crimes.

Quote:Self defence.
I'll rewrite it for clarity reasons.

Quote:Execution approval.
The order is about preference for approval not chain of command. How a doctor would ask the MD instead of the captain whether they should attempt to clone or borg a puritian, an officer would ask the HoS and not the captain if an execution should take place.

Some rounds get up to 5 executions, if each time the entire chain of command would get solicited, a lot of time would get lost.

Quote:OOC in beggining and end.
Will attempt to rewrite.

Quote:Comic mischief.
Agreed, I'll add something in.

Quote:Section about nukies, etc...
I personally don't think NT would be putting in their law book procedures against every possible threat, especially against such relatively (ic) rare and devastating threats, where the lethal response is pretty natural.